How long did you bleed after baby came??

boomsheeka01
on 1/4/12 5:38 am - Killeen, TX
My friend told me that some people bleed for up to 6 weeks! WHAT!!!??  My bleeding has slowed down a whole lot, but I still wear panty liners. How long did you bleed after your baby was born?

ALSO

If you ripped during giving birth how long were you sore? My son will be four weeks tmrw and I still sting a little when I pee, but only when I have been sitting for a long time. Is that normal? I have my appt next week but I wanted to ask you lovely ladies...THANKS!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lexa321
on 1/4/12 5:44 am - weston, FL
5 weeks.... and sometimes it still hurts ( 3 months) esp when i have sex and hes to rough ( not that you needed to know that)
Becca R.
on 1/4/12 6:28 am - WA
I swear i bled the entire 6 wks.. but it was very light and moslty it was just annoying to have to use the liners.
Celia S.
on 1/4/12 7:35 am - Grand Junction, CO
I stopped bleeding around 4 weeks and the pain/stinging went away for the most part by 5 weeks but I didn't tear very much. There was still some discomfort during intercourse even further out, but not sure how long that lasted.
Tami P.
on 1/4/12 7:37 am
Do you normally bleed as much when you have a C-section? Does the bleeding begin immediately after delivering?
Becca R.
on 1/4/12 8:51 am - WA

I had two c-secs and yes the bleeding is immediate

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
IamMrsMcDole
on 1/4/12 9:33 am - Anderson, IN
I bled for 6-8 weeks. They sell a spray that numbs u I can't remember what it's called that you can spray down there and it helps. Its cuts healing. That's what my OB told me. Yes everytime I peed I filled up my sitz bath and pee that helped alot and that spray.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Paula622
on 1/4/12 10:24 am
My bleeding slowed down a lot after a few weeks, but I needed a liner for about 6 weeks.  I'm still sore sometimes (Liam is 8 weeks tomorrow), but I had to have some of my stitches removed at my 6 week appointment because they didn't dissolve (and I had an infection).  I'm terrified to have sex yet because it doesn't seem like I'm healed enough (my doctor told me at my check up to wait till at least New Year's). 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

teresa79
on 1/4/12 10:31 am - Fowler, IN
I bleed for 4 weeks after my daughter was born. The first two weeks were heavier, the last two weeks mainly spotting. If you are still having burning when peeing and he is 4 weeks I would be a bit concerned. I tore internally rather than on the outside so at my 6 week post delivery I was checked and my OB saw that my stitches had gaped open. I had to have my skin cauterized in the office. not fun! Internal tearing takes longer to heal I guess also. I would call your OB to let him/her know that you are still feeling discomfort, especially when peeing. Also it's not recommended to have intercourse until after your 6 week post delivery appt.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
MommaKing
on 1/4/12 10:54 am
Sorry to just come out of the woodwork on you. I haven't contributed these past few months but I've followed up on your pregnancy and was very happy for you. Gosh, stalker much? LOL!

Anyway, my postpartum bleeding stopped at 4 weeks. I had 2nd degree tears from delivery and my stitches didn't dissolve like they were supposed to. My OB ended up cutting some of them off at 3 weeks pp. I think the last stitch finally fell out at 6 wks pp. I refused to pee unless I had my trusty peri bottle. I'd fill it up with cold water and spray it while I used the bathroom. The cold water helped neutralize the pee so it didn't sting.

For a good while, I thought things were never going to be the same down there LOL! But, as others before me have said, things do go back to normal. It just takes time.

Congrats on your adorable baby boy :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views