RNY, infertility, and pregnancy - Oh my!

Erin ..
on 1/8/12 12:45 am
Hi everyone!  I'm new to this forum.  My husband and I have been trying to have children for years.  No doctor would ever discuss possible infertility because of my weight.  Now, almost 200 pounds lighter, we found doctors that not only will discuss infertility with us, they're willing to help us conceive.  We're planning our first IUI cycle later this month.

Is there anything more I should know before I get pregnant?  Is there anything you wish you had known or prepared for?

I've already talked to my surgeon and though I'm not at my goal weight, he's cleared me for pregnancy.  I'm supposed to call him for the changes I will need to make in my vitamins.  Should I do that now or wait until I'm actually pregnant?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

jcheryld
on 1/8/12 2:51 am
Just wanted to say congrats to you on your massive weight loss and also to the clearance to start IUI! I'd switch your vitamins to prenatals now. In between pregnancies my doc just kept me on pre-natals rather than the RNY multi. My biggest advice to you would be to relax, stress horomones are no good for baby-to-be. Good luck and looking forward to your updates!

Baby dust your way!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

hockeybabe2u
on 1/8/12 8:01 am - Allegan, MI
Congrats on your HUGE weight loss! Talk to your surgeon about your vitamins. Have them checked regulary before, during and after your pregnancy and try not to get that mindset that I'm pregnant and can eat what I want.....you will find you have more weight to loose once the baby is born if you have this mindset.
Best of luck to you and hubby!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

naybird222
on 1/8/12 12:48 pm - CA
Hi there!  Congrats on your weightloss and good luck with your IUI.  Are you seeing an RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) or your OB for your treatments?

I know for me, when doing IVF, my RE had me doing shots even when there was an oral med available, just to make sure it was fully getting absorbed.
After 5+ years and  5 IVF cycles we finally got our miracle BFP!!!
Erin ..
on 1/9/12 9:55 am
I'm seeing an RE.  He said the only change I would need to do is where I do the shot on day 12.  Looking very much forward to them drawing an X on my tush so DH can shoot me later that night.    lol  Ok...DH is almost giddy at the thought.  Me, not so much.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views