cloth diapers anyone?

Meginsf
on 1/10/12 6:06 am - WA
Im planning on useing cloth diapers and was wondering if anyone else is going to use them or does use them already.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
jane0321
on 1/10/12 6:33 am - Canada
i don't have children yet and am not pregnant yet, but I am know I will use cloth diapers when the time comes. Just seems like such a better choise all around.

Amber J.
on 1/10/12 8:00 am - Kirkland, WA
 We're planning on using them. I've been doing a lot of research and talking to others that use one. So far I'm leaning toward the one-size ones. I don't know how well they work yet but it'd be awfully nice to only have to buy diapers once.

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kokonut
on 1/10/12 1:30 pm
I used cloth with 2 of my 3 kids. Love them and will use them again if I have any more babies. I still use disposables on occasion, but I have brought cloth diapers camping  no problem! I love always having them on hand, no running out to the store in the middle of the night(etc,) I have the washing down pat too.  I start using them right after the meconium is all gone. That stuff is not easy to get out at home, if your hospital offers cloth, then use theirs :) and keep yours a lil nicer at home. They aren't any harder to use than disposables once you fiugre them out.
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

linda.traxler
on 1/10/12 4:48 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
I'd like to use them.  I just don't know if I have the time for the extra washing with 2 other kids...  We don't have the wonderful diaper services you all have... : (

I think they're a smart and healthy choice for baby, the environment and for saving money!!!
Dev *.
on 1/10/12 11:08 pm - Austin, TX
We tried, but had logistical problems. Apparently, high efficiency washers are actually not that good at cleaning them because they don't use enough water. If you have an HE machine, you may need to use a diaper service.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Kokonut
on 1/11/12 9:03 am
I switched washer halfway through diapering my son in cloth...oh the agony of figuring that one out. For me the trick was washing no more than 12 diapers at a time. I do up to 24 prefolds at a time, but I do those on the sanitize cycle. No PUL, velcro or snaps to worry about melting :)

I live in the country (no diaper service) and there isn't even a real diaper service in the city nearest us either.....maybe I should start one up...LOL I have  friend who has plenty of room in her basement and she got for FREE a not too old Maytag top loader to wash her diapers. She has twins and one more in diapers. So for her it is VERY worth it!

I would love a diaper service!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

MarshaAnne
on 1/11/12 4:54 am
I "tried them out" with my first two and then moved to them full time with my last three.  My almost-two-year-old is still using them.  Is there anything I can help you with?

~ Marsha - RNY January 29, 2008

highest weight 297 (5'0")

Day of surgery weight 272

lowest weight 169

current weight 184

MsAReed86
on 1/11/12 5:24 am - IL
I definitely plan on using cloth diapers, already looking into them. Check out ebay they have tons of wholesalers that sale them in lots.

Meginsf
on 1/11/12 8:53 pm - WA
Im so happy to see that there are a few other ladies out there. Im going to be cloth diapering my little one well try it atleast. I already have a small stash started, Iv decided that i might use cloth part time until she is big enough to fit in the one size diapers that i bought. I have a dozen prefolds so far and about 6 new born all in ones. The all in ones are kind of expensive so i just thought i would try a couple of them. I didnt want to go spend tons of money on a diaper she will only wear for a little wile. Anyway im glad there are more CD mommas to chat with.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views