Natural birth control???

boomsheeka01
on 1/19/12 6:20 am - Killeen, TX
Sooo I was thinking that instead of taking birth control pills that I would do natural birth control. My body always ovulates when its supposed to so I bought ovulation strips and I will test every day around the time I ovulate. And of course there will be no 'activity' during that week and well into the next to be extra safe.

Now I DO have birth control pills, but I am considering doing it the other way.

Too risky?? Opinions please!!!  Thanks!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

tamiissunshine
on 1/19/12 6:41 am - Halsey, OR
That is what I did and I had no issues, I did that for years. I was always regular so it worked just fine. I figured if my body was going to do something weird then it was meant to be. Talk to you doctor about it though cause my doc told me that if I'm breastfeeding even just a little bit that it might not be as reliable cause the body does weird things with the hormones when you are breastfeeding. But it worked for me.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lexa321
on 1/19/12 6:59 am - weston, FL
thats how i have 3 kids LOL.. i opted for the paragard.. its a hormone free copper iud... ive had it 2 months now and have had no issues execpt a heavy period... a bit of cramping during the "installment"... but other then that smooth sailing...
Becca R.
on 1/19/12 7:25 am - WA
We did natural family planning for 6 months before our 1st was concieved (on purpose) and between kiddos 1 and 2 for over a year before ttc again. I got the mirena after #2 and hated it!! my body was soo out of whack and 2months after taking it out we were suprised by #3. I am pretty sure we are done so hubby will most likely be getting the ol' snip. But I would say if you are wanting more babies in the future go with NFP since you are super regular and tracking your cycles would be no prob. Go For It! :) 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
teresa79
on 1/19/12 8:09 am, edited 1/19/12 8:09 am - Fowler, IN
I am also extremely regular with my periods and we were doing the natural way also with just tracking my ovulation and my period came like clock work so I always knew anywhere from 10-16 days from the beginning of my period I would ovulate. Well....I ended up ovulating twice in one month per what my OB says. I didn't know that this could happen! I kept telling him, NO, I had my period on this date! He told me that you can ovulate twice and it has been known to happen just like you may not ovulate at all. Now we are expecting baby in July and our DD just turned 1 on the 8th! I was scared at first about how close they will be in age, but now I am looking forward to it and can't wait to meet our last baby. After this pregnancy I am getting Essure. Three kiddos is enough for us! =) 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
TraceyC
on 1/19/12 10:46 pm - DFW, TX
I have the most beautiful 19 year old daughter that was conceived using the natural method. My body decided to ovulate at a crazy time, and well, 40 weeks later we were blessed!

Some parents of a friend of mine didn't believe in birth control for religious reasons so they used the rhythm method. I believe there are 9 in her family. Her mother always joked that yes they used the rhythm method- she felt the rhythm and 9 months later there was a new addition to the family! lol

The odds are that there is a 25% chance that you will get pregnant using the natural method.

Good luck with whatever you decide! I truly don't think that you can go wrong either way. The worst case scenario is you end up with another beautiful baby! With the love and adoration that you've had for Silas, I don't think that adding a new baby to your family could possibly be a bad thing!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Lianne C.
on 1/20/12 3:50 am - Garden City, MI
I believe the only "Natural" birth control is Abstinence. If that doesn't work for you, you may want to take the pills and look into a second type of birth control just to make sure, unless you want to make your cute little guy a big brother already
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Paula622
on 1/20/12 5:02 am
Right now we're using a super effective form of natural birth control.  It is called the "my episiotomy didn't heal well, so get the hell away from me" method.  VERY effective.  When this eventually ends, we'll be using the "I'm breastfeeding and have no period so maybe I won't get pregnant" method (this was actually very effective after my first, I couldn't get pregnant even when I wanted to because I didn't get my cycle bac****il after my daughter was fully weaned).  I guess I'm not really very helpful, lol.  Guess it will be interesting to see when we end up with #3 :)

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

plusizedbarbie
on 1/22/12 4:18 am - Manahawkin, NJ
we did it in between Sage and this baby, but I am getting the copper IUD after this baby, I don't trust myself now because we are not sure we want anymore.
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

Ralph Z.
on 1/24/12 12:05 pm
Hi - I have a 7month son and have just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant. - we were using that method and I believe it's too risky - however, I am 39 and will be 40 when this one is born, so we are over the moon x-

My obyn had told me to start trying again (due to my age) when my son was 8 months old, so we're not too far off the mark.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views