I.V. Iron Infusions... anyone had them?

PamperedDarcy
on 1/20/12 8:27 am - Milford, ME
So after months and months of repeated bloodwork during this pregnancy (I'm currently 19 weeks along), my OB referred me to a blood management Dr. to monitor me as I'm severely iron anemic and only absorbing less than 6% of my iron. How they come up with this stuff I just don't know, but that's what I was told. The blood management Dr. has me starting weekly i.v. iron infussions at my local hospital and today was my first round. It lasted about an hour and half and then I was on my way...

My question, anyone had these done and did it make any significant effect on how you felt physically? I'm just completely drained and have been for a long time. I'm hoping that these treatments might help to give me more of a "pep" in my step again?
Amberlee2002
on 1/20/12 9:18 am - Skowhegan, ME
I Had to have them done the last few weeks of my pregnancy and when i started back in nov 2011 my levels was 7 and now they are 8 but i went 2 time a week being preggo and now i am going 3 time a weeks..  and yes after i few I V i did get a little pep back in me ... But i see you are from maine and i am as well we both had surg in bangor .. i just called today to get in to see corry webb to get my labs done and get back on all my Vits as everything has exp .

Amber R   Befor Surgery 379/Surgery day 369/Current 225

Lilypie - (cQ91)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views