Major Bloating - Help!

MsAReed86
on 1/28/12 2:05 pm - IL
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I'm 6 months out from RNY and found out that I'm like 6-7 weeks pregnant. For the last two weeks I have had the worse feeling in my stomach like a really full and bloated feeling. My stomach even looks bloated! Is this normal with RNY patients or is there something wrong?

Paula622
on 1/29/12 3:46 am
Normal pregnancy symptom, even without WLS.  With my first baby, I was so bloated that I was wearing maternity jeans by 6 weeks!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

hockeybabe2u
on 1/29/12 10:23 am - Allegan, MI
Yep, normal!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

kwinkleman
on 2/2/12 4:37 am - FL
I didn't have any bloating with my son almost 9 years ago.  But the second I became pregnant after WLS I was bloated and I have been bloated ever since....I am almost 18 weeks now.  It is MISERABLE to say the least.  I live off gas-x chewables.  I have done trial and error on different foods....it is everything.  Water makes me bloated.  I literally look 9 months pregnant with twins at times, it is so painful.  I finally got in to see my surgeons  nurse and she agreed with what my OBGYN told me.  When we are pregnant there is a particular horomone that tends to slow down digestion...which is normal pregnant women is a good thing....in RNY patients who have re-routed insides it CAN cause extreme bloating, pain, gas, bleching, the whole 9 yards.
I can testify that I have dealt with this everyday.  I went back through my blog postings....and literally 4 weeks before I knew I was pregnant I was posting about being bloated....and I have stayed the same way.
I have found that eating smaller meals more frequently helps.  Staying away from carbs helps but nothing makes it go away and nothing keeps it from happening.  Foods that I do best with are:
cottage cheese, yogurt (I have started doing activia with fruit), oatmeal, shrimp, other lean meats, eggs, and strangly enough cheese and crackers.  I could live off cheese and crackers LOL.

I wish you the best, know that you are NOT alone!  I hope it gets better and congrats on your pregnancy.

MsAReed86
on 2/2/12 8:54 am - IL
Thanks Ladies,

I'm 7wks and I am constantly bloated and gassy. I definitely wanted to make sure that there wasn't something going wrong inside since I am still early out from surgery.
Again, Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1204 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 842 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1301 views