A little scared! Need some opinions!

minimegs
on 2/16/12 12:08 am - Columbus, OH
I just found out on Valentine's Day I am six weeks pregnant, I am 14 months post- RNY.  I know spotting is normal, but being so soon after surgery and this being my first pregnancy I am a little worried!  Just started this morning, not even really spotting, its only noticeable when I wipe, more of a pinkish color than anything, a little clotting.  Does this sound like normal spotting for 6 weeks or should I call my OB?

Violet S.
on 2/16/12 12:35 am - NY
 It's probably fine... I had some very light spotting in the beginning of all three of my pregnancies. But I would call your OB just to be sure. Good luck & congrats! 
tonirc
on 2/16/12 3:59 am - KY
I've had three boys since my surgery.  I spotted with all of them up until about 4 months.  Needless to say, they are all here and just fine.  I would worry if it was bright red and alot of it.  Most people do spot.  My mother in law had regular periods until she was 3 months along with all 4 of hers.
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/12 7:08 am - Woodbridge, VA
I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 8 weeks along. In those 8 weeks, I'd been spotting multiple times, and I was getting really frustrated that my period wouldn't just start already so I could start tracking my cycles so we could TTC! Come to find out...

The spotting was never a problem. I'm now 34 weeks along with a perfectly healthy baby and pregnancy.
minimegs
on 2/16/12 7:14 am - Columbus, OH
Thank you everyone!  I talked to my OB and he said not to worry and he's going to have me come in for an earlier ultrasound in a few weeks just to ease my mind!  Its good to know that its normal and that other have had similar experiences!

omma24
on 2/16/12 8:13 am
I don't have advice.  But wanted to say congrats!  I just found out on Valentine's too!!  I think I am a week behind you though.  =)  
MusicMaryn
on 2/17/12 5:51 am - San Jose, CA
CONGRATS on ur pg as well as phenomenal weight loss in just 14 mos!  that's really great.  I spotted a little bit too.  And I also had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy.  A little bit is just fine - it's typically implantation blood and totally normal.  Hope you get to see a heartbeat in that first US!  We saw my son's hb at my 1st US at 6w3d.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

minimegs
on 2/20/12 1:24 am - Columbus, OH
And all of a sudden i've gained 3 lbs, thank you baby, first gain since surgery.  That was a weird emotion!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1251 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 864 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1327 views