Update after OB apt

Becca R.
on 2/20/12 2:09 pm - WA
I posted the other day about my strange dumping like symptoms and said I would talk to my Dr about it since it seemed to occur at random  non food related times. He wasnt too sure what it could be either but agreed that it didnt sound like dumping and was leaning more towards the hypoglycemic reaction. Since I needed to take my glucose test  anyways and cant obviously stomach the sugar drink he sent me home with a glucose monitor to test my blood sugar for the next week and if I do happen to have another eppisode I can test my levels and maybe that will give us a better understanding as to what is happening.  Other than that my appt  went great,
I am 26wks today and  had my 1st fundal measurement putting me at 28cm so I either Im measuring big or there is a little wiggle room since my OB didnt say anything about it. Baby stayed still for the doppler today so I got to listen to her little 140bps swooshies for more than the usual 2 seconds yay.
Hope you all had a great weekend and presidents day heres a belly pic just for fun

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
tamiissunshine
on 2/21/12 12:40 am - Halsey, OR
Hopefully you don't have any issues with your blood sugar, but if so at least you'll know why you've been that way. I took the glucose drink and ended up being borderline to gestational diabetes. So now I have to go in on Thursday to get a monitor and test my blood sugars that way too. Not fun. Oh well, it's for a good cause.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Becca R.
on 2/21/12 2:24 am - WA

You would think someone who elected to have a life altering major surgical procedure wouldn't be such a wimp but OMG I sooo am! lol It took me a good hour to work up the courage to ***** my self for the 1st time. I even subjected my poor hubby to many guinea pig pokes lol he must love me or something. haha! But so far everything is testing normal so thats good.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MusicMaryn
on 2/21/12 2:30 am - San Jose, CA
Cute bump!  and reactive hypoglycemia is very common with RNY'ers.  I've had it for about a year now (and i'm 2.5 yrs post op.)  For me, it just means that I need to eat protein every 3 hours or less.  Good luck on the testing and take care!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views