hypoglycemia

Becca R.
on 2/25/12 2:34 am - WA
sooo now that I have my glucose monitor I was able to check my levels during one of my "episodes". Heres how that morning went...
I woke up at 8am and checked my fasting sugar level and it was 70, drank my coffee with SF creamer and splenda ate a granola bar and half a banana(nothing out of the ordinary) checked my after breakfast level at 10am and it was 149 yikes. then maybe an hour later BLAMO dizzy, shaking, sweating, (while driving to pick up my kiddo from preschool.. not fun!) checked my level when I got home and it was 47. grabbed a protien bar since most of you say protien helps and at 11am I felt better and was up to 96.
I have to fax all my levels to my OB next week for my GD results but Im pretty sure it sounds like I am Hypoglycemic.... goody goody gumdrops!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
MusicMaryn
on 2/27/12 4:03 am - San Jose, CA
Where's your protein in your breakfast?  That's part of the problem.  And welcome to wonderful world of Reactive Hypoglycemia.  You need to eat protein every 3 hours to sustain your sugar levels at a normal rate.  Being up for 3+ hours and only having carbs will do it to you.  It's easy to manage through once you get rigorous about protein every 3 hours and no carb only meals like you described for your breakfast.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Brooklynnsmom
on 2/27/12 6:06 am - Bellevue, NE
I have found ever since pg with 1st post op baby I have to start the day with protien first or I have problems.  Usually I will eat egg, or bacon, or even peanut butter toast, or yogurt.  As long as I fill up 1/2 way with the protien first--then i can eat what i want.  Unfortunately for me, the problem never went away after I had my 2 post op babies (they are 2 and 4). 

I too carried a monitor, and discovered when i was having a "episode", that my sugars were at 39!  Yikes!  That was a morning I had pancakes and THEN the bacon!  Never did that again! 

It takes a learning curve, but you figure it out!  Good luck!  Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views