#2 post RNY...almost no symptoms?

amandaewer
on 2/29/12 2:45 am
So I've been down this road before and pretty much know what to expect.  We have been trying for about a year for the second one (my first turned 2 in Jan) but I was diagnosed with a disease called Reiter's Syndrome (kinda rare) and it causes among other things severe joint inflamation and some organ inflamation so I am pretty sure the trouble getting pregs was due to a swollen reproductive tract.  Very traumatic disease but I digress....This time around I am having almost none of the discomfort etc I had with my first.  A little sore boob issues, tired as all get out but the Reiter's can do that too so it's not much different than my norm now, and occasional flashes of nausea that have pretty much gone by now.  I am due Oct 26th from my calculations so  I am in my 6th week.  I know I should be happy this is such a mild pregnancy but part of me is having trouble believing the positive tests when I feel like this.....like it won't sink in.  I know I know a lot of you wish yours was like this....Am I crazy?  I just wish I felt more pregnant.  So hard to be patient.  On the upside this pregnancy is all but erased my symptoms of Reiter's which I thought would never go.  I am worried what may happen when I am no longer pregnant but one step at a time.

Thanks for listening. ;)
(deactivated member)
on 2/29/12 3:59 am - Woodbridge, VA
This is my first pregnancy, so I don't have any basis for comparison, but I have had almost NO symptoms the whole time. In the VERY beginning (like weeks maybe 6-8), I had a little nausea, sore breasts, and some changes in tastes and appetite, but those all cleared up pretty quickly. Since then, I've had some tiredness, but that's about it - no swelling, no crazy frequent urination, not much weight gain, no heartburn...until I really started to show and feel movement (which wasn't until about 22 weeks or so), I was really just frustrated because I felt like I had nothing to show fo being pregnant. It felt somewhat unreal, even though I'd seen the ultrasound and such. It made for a very long first and most of second trimester - the weeks seemed to DRAGGGG by. But, I'm at 36 weeks now, so it was worth being patient  :)
USAF Wife
on 2/29/12 7:43 am
I was pretty symptom/side effect free with Tatum's pregnancy. I had the sensitive boobs for about a week and that passed, the 1st trimester exhaustion/fatigue hit me hard so I felt that one, but I never had a fleeting moment of nausea, zero food issues, and even though everyone told me to be grateful, I wanted to "feel" pregnant. It just didn't happen early out. I started showing pretty significantly around 14-15 weeks with a tiny bump, there was no hiding the bump from a profile shot, but from the front no one would have guessed I was pregnant. By the time, I was into my 36th week, I was downright miserable and ready to NOT be pregnant anymore. I was nauseated, exhausted, HUGE, her positioning was causing me chronic pain, it just wasn't fun at all. So, I probably should have appreciated those months of zero symptoms since the last month was downright horrible.

I'm pregnant again, just 4 months after Tatum's arrival, and I'm right at 7 weeks, due with Nugget on 17 October (Tatum was born on 30 October), and the only symptom I have is the fatigue/exhaustion. Not even any sensitive boobs this time around. We saw a heartbeat on u/s on Monday so that calmed some of my fears, but I can't help the "want to feel pregnant" feeling again. I don't want morning sickness since I hate to puke, but some frequent urination, sore boobs, anything would be nice.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Paula622
on 2/29/12 9:42 am
My pregnancies have both been relatively symptom free, especially early out.  I HATE puking, so I'm always relieved once I get to about 10 weeks and don't experience any nausea.  I actually just took a pregnancy test the other day because I've been having some light cramping which is one of my ONLY early signs of being pregnant.  I don't have a period right now due to nursing my 3 month old, so I didn't want to write off this symptom since if I was pregnant it could be the only warning I'd get.  I'm always a little worried I'm going to end up on TLC's "I didn't know I was pregnant" show sounding like one of those idiots saying "I just didn't notice any symptoms..." lol.  Anyway, enjoy that you're feeling good!  That could change at any time and you might long for these easy days!  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

amandaewer
on 2/29/12 10:48 pm
Thanks guys.  I don't feel so stupid for wanting to feel something other than utterly exhausted since I've been there before without being pregnant.  Nothing I can do about it so I'll just wait for those lovely flutters but I agree time is DRAGGING!!!  It seems like since my first child time has been on hyperdrive and now it is completely the opposite....someone left the parking brake on!  Here's to good pregnancies for all those going through it.
omma24
on 3/1/12 7:57 am
I am 6 weeks tomorrow.  And really things have been pretty mild, so far.  I am going for another ultrasound next week to make sure that things are progressing properly.  So I understand the worry that the symptoms are mild so far.  However, I keep hoping the morning sickness will kick in soon and I will be wishing for the mild stuff again.  LOL 
Looks like there's getting to be a few of us due around the same time in October!  Good luck everyone!  Hope we all have happy, healthy pregnancies!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views