It's the final countdown!!!

linda.traxler
on 3/8/12 6:21 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
SO....  here we go.  7 days until the due date, and I won't go any further without a little induction help.  We have a check on Monday and will see how things are looking.  Having contractions but not regular to really be doing much unfortunately. 

With my daughter though, I never felt anything until I went into actual labor, so, we shall see.

It'll be an exciting week.  My son has his 5th B'day on Thurs. and baby is due on Friday!!!

Everyone be well and have a great week!!!
Sherry-Lynn L.
on 3/8/12 6:35 pm - Barrie, Canada
Best of Luck, can't wait to see pics and hear your birth story.  Hoping you have an easy delivery and your baby gets here soon.

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/12 8:22 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I'm due on the 27th. I have refused all cervical checks, so no idea if I'm dilated or effaced at all, which is fine since it's pretty meaningless. I won't let anyone induce me without medical necessty until I'm at least 42 weeks, maybe even later. I sometimes feel a brief tightening in my lower abdomen that I suppose might be Braxton Hicks contractions, but it doesn't even happen every day.
twert80
on 3/8/12 10:24 pm
Awww good luck!!!!  can't wait to hear your birth story!!
Paula622
on 3/8/12 11:05 pm
Good luck!  Here's hoping for a quick "easy" labor! 

Why are they going to induce you right at 40 weeks?  Not to be a Debbie Downer, or worry you, but in all of my extensive research on VBACs, inductions made them a lot riskier because of the more intense, less natural contractions.  My doctors and I decided that it would either be natural labor with trial for a VBAC, or a c-section.  We ruled out induction all together.  Luckily, Liam came right on his due date so we didn't have to consider it further.  So, I was just wondering why they were looking to induce you?  Either way, I hope everything goes smoothly!!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

hockeybabe2u
on 3/8/12 11:16 pm - Allegan, MI
Wow, that seemed to go fast! Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Becca R.
on 3/9/12 3:08 am - WA
Ohh how exciting your so close!!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
   Lilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
omma24
on 3/9/12 7:07 am
Good luck!!  Hope you have a quick and easy labor, if there is such a thing!  =)  
RachelRN
on 3/9/12 7:47 am - Noblesville, IN
Good luck! It doesn't seem that long ago you were just finding out you were pregnant!
linda.traxler
on 3/10/12 11:33 pm, edited 3/10/12 11:34 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Choice to be induced at 40 weeks is multifaceted.  First, I have high blood pressure that is continuing to creep up despite meds.  2nd, I'm almost 42 years old.  Placental breakdown after age 40 is much more common and I will not risk losing this baby OR putting him in any distress. 

Am still optimistic it will happen and no induction will be necessary.

Paula, you're right.  Inductions can make a VBAC a little riskier, but very little unless the oxytocin is used in large doses, which of course if it came to that, we'd opt for the section.  Prostaglandins are completely contraindicated though which is why I'm curious where my cervix stands.  (have not had any cervical checks yet but am hoping for one tomorrow)  Of course, if the cervix is not favorable, there's not much point in inducing.....

We shall see.....  : )

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views