Very slight heartburn with band in 3rd trimester - worry?

kalamtykel
on 3/13/12 2:14 am
Hi ladies,

I'm almost 33 weeks pregnant ans i havent ever had a problem with my band throughout the pregnancy.  In fact, its been awesome.  But the last few nights when i go to bed i have very slight heartburn.  I never had any problems with HB since ive had the band so it was weird to feel it.  But like i said, it was just very slight (almost barely noticable).  Any experienced bandsters that have been pregnant have any advice?  I'm wondering if its just a pregnancy issue or more of a band issue. 

Thanks!
Kelly   
Dev *.
on 3/13/12 2:44 am - Austin, TX
Could be either, really. If you look at an anatomical cross section of what your insides look like toward the end of the pregnancy you can easily see that all of your internal organs gets squished into new locations. Talk to your OB about taking soemthign and, if it persists, consider getting some fluid removed from your band.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/12 4:18 am - Woodbridge, VA
Heartburn during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester, is completely normal. In fact, some people think I must be lying because I say I have NOT had heartburn, that's how common it is!
tamiissunshine
on 3/13/12 10:16 am - Halsey, OR
I had a lot of heartburn in my last pregnancy and milk seemed to help a little. So far I haven't had any this pregnancy, but my band was tighter last time so I wonder if that contributed to it somewhat.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views