First P17 shot to be given today and SCARED!

teresa79
on 3/16/12 4:08 am - Fowler, IN
Okay, so I sound like a big baby. The home health company fed ex'd my P17 shots to me overnight and the home health nurse will be here at 2:30 p.m. to administer the shot in my ass! I made the mistake of looking at the size of the needles after they were sent. No joke, I would rather have an epidural. When the nurse called me today she said it would be best if we did it when someone was here to watch my 1 yr old and my 4 yr old because I have to lay down while she does it and it will take 2 minutes to inject the medicine in my upper butt. Um! 2 frigin minutes! Evidently the medicine is so thick that she has to inject it really slow. I am so nervous and I don't usually even mind needles at all. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I have to have these shots until I am 37 weeks. I am now 21 weeks so my ass is gonna be bruised. Hating this but I know it's what's best for my baby.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
teresa79
on 3/16/12 6:56 am - Fowler, IN
Okay Ladies! If you ever have to get these shots just ignore my frantics! It was a piece of cake. I really felt not a whole lot. I do feel some soreness about 1/2 an hour after wards but now it's gone. No biggie! I also found out that I stop the injections at 36 weeks instead of 37. The RN who will be giving them to me told me that almost all of the pregnant women she has given them to start laboring 7-10 days after the last shot has been given. Pretty neat how are bodies work with hormones.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Jennifer H.
on 3/16/12 8:59 am - stockton, CA
I get them as well this was my last week with my home nurse.I will do my last two in obs office since I will be going in.Their not so bad I do know the last few I have had hurt a little more but I think its because I have had so many in same area Im sure.My last one is at 36 weeks to.I can say they have helped me.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1289 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 884 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1359 views