Anyone Have a TT before pregnancy?

brownblonde
on 4/14/12 2:42 am
Creeping over here from the VSG board because I was hoping to see if anyone had (or had considered) a TT before pregnancies.  I'm 24 and almost 2 years post op, have lost 126lbs.  I would like to have children someday, no idea when.  I can understand the argument to wait until after you're done having children, but from my vantage point now, I'm 24 and would like to enjoy my youth and my weightloss now without excess, riddled skin.  I do know that it CAN be done, I just don't know if it's done often.  I was just hoping to find perspectives from people who either already did it, or perhaps made the decision not to.  Thanks 

Nikki M.
on 4/14/12 3:28 am
I have heard of women in your position having a type of tummy tuck that cuts away the excess skin but does not tighten the abdominal muscles. Perhaps that is an option for you to look into? I know there are a lot of women that have babies after TT's and I'm sure they will chime in :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Paula622
on 4/14/12 6:26 am
One thing to consider is how you feel about stretch marks.  If you have a nice tight stomach before getting pregnant, you're more likely to get stretch marks while you're pregnant than if you're just filling in extra skin.  However, I have some skinny friends that have perfectly flat, strech mark free abs even after a few kids.  Also, babies can really wreak havock on the belly and lots of women who have had kids even without having WLS find themselves needing (wanting) a TT after babies.  I totally see your point of view though about wanting it done now!  I'm in the middle of my baby years (I have two, and would like two more) and yet part of me would love to run out and get a tummy tuck so that I can be more comfortable in my own skin.  I'd ask a plastic surgeon what they think, a lot may depend on your skin type.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

USAF Wife
on 4/14/12 10:39 pm, edited 4/14/12 10:40 pm
I have one friend who had a TT before baby (it was a SURPRISE pregnancy on either the patch or Nuvaring). She ended up with a horrific "muffin top" (like hanging muffin top, it's kind of weird looking, but she slaps on a Spanx tank top to conceal it) but the bottom of her tummy stayed decent. Like Paula mentioned, her tummy now resembles the road map of Texas. She is going in for a revision of the TT at around 3-4 years post-TT and 2 years post-baby arrival. She is NOT a WLS patient, but has massive skin on the top of her stomach and is now having to have the Fleur de lis incision to pull in the sides and contour her stomach/waist areas because of the stretched. She only gained 30lbs in her pregnancy and while she isn't miserable, she is kicking herself in the ass for doing it before she had her tubes tied.

I'm waiting until after Nugget gets here and I'm 35. I'm done having babies so done. But, I do understand wanting one now. I wanted one terribly that fist year into maintenance. But, I knew we'd get pregnant and I wasn't willing to have to deal with revisions.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views