hormones and the lap-band

angcolon
on 5/13/12 3:26 am - waters edge, CT

I have had my band for a lil over 5 years, and I have never experienced what I have been feeling for the past week. I started my IVF cycle and am now on birth control and have been feeling my band so tight in the morning that i feel pressure and have a hard time getting anything down that isn't a liquid. As the day goes on and I get hydrated I am then able to eat solids being very careful to chew my food really good. I am just really curios if this is common as I have never experienced this before. Once I start my Lupron if I still feel this I am going to get an unfill.

Any insight is appreciated.

Dev *.
on 5/13/12 11:24 pm - Austin, TX
Chances are that all the hormones are causing fluid retention. When we retain fluid we see it on obvious places, like our ankles, but it also presents in less obvious places, like internal organs. As the day goes on more of fluid sinks lower in the body and pools in extremeties, but after we sleep at night it is more evenly disctributed around since we've been laying flat, so you feel tighter. It is likely you will need to have some fluid removed during this time so you can stay hydrated throughout the day.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views