Body image/changes issues...

bittybabynurse
on 6/11/12 9:16 am - MN
Hi ladies. I don't know if I've actually done an intro on here or not. I've kinda been reclusive with this pregnancy and don't "talk" about it much online. Mostly because I've had 3 losses and have anxiety about it (discussing it makes it real and if its real it will hurt that much more if something goes wrong...) but I'm at the point where I'm feeling "safe" bonding a little bit more with the baby. Anywho... I am 12 weeks along (due Christmas Eve) and almost a year out from RNY. I feel like I'm popping out already, which I wasn't quite prepared for. With my daughter I was 260 and lost 20lbs the first trimester and then gained 15 of those back during the last half of the pregnancy. I really didn't need maternity clothes until the very end. I was 165 when I found out we were pregnant and have lost 5lbs since. I bought a few pair of maternity pants and I do feel more comfortable when I'm wearing them as opposed to regular jeans.

On one hand, I'm excited about showing but on the other hand its more of the "waist thickening" and not yet "popping" out. I know that will come but I find myself getting a little down in the dumps and feel like I look fat again. I've never really had a good body image, even after losing the weight, so this just makes it a little worse. I guess I'm just wondering if it gets better - the body image issues? I'm not terribly worried about the scale, more what I see in the mirror. I don't know if that's terrible, but its what in my head :) Maybe I just need reassurance (darn crazy hormones/emotions!) Thanks for letting me whine a bit!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Theresa B.
on 6/11/12 11:45 am - Potterville, MI

Hello,

I am right there with you! This is baby #3 for me, I typically get a big belly quick with my pregnancies and tend to have big babies. However, both of my children were pre-weightloss so I am curious to know if this time will be different. This was a very much suprise pregnancy as we were not planning on having anymore. I am nervous about the weight gain ( i gained around 8 lbs right off the bat) and i haven't really gained weight since surgery. My belly is round and "thick waisted" which is difficult to concept. I am about 9 1/2 weeks along.

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
bittybabynurse
on 6/11/12 12:36 pm - MN
I'm sorry you have to go through the image issues too, but its nice to not feel alone in it!
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
linda.traxler
on 6/12/12 1:57 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
You're sooo not alone on this.  This last pregnancy was my third, pants didn't fit comfortably at 10 weeks and until 22 weeks or so I just looked like I'd been putting on weight.  People who knew me well said I 'looked' pregnant, but to the general public I think I looked like I was regaining.  It was really really hard.  And, that whole time I think I only gained 2 or 3 pounds!!

I'll be honest, it's still hard (baby is almost 3 months)  I lost my weight and then some, but the restructuring of the body hasn't gotten completely back to normal.  I'm wearing size 14 instead of 12 and that is a tight fit whereas before I had to wear a belt to keep those pants up.    I feel as fat as I did pre surgery (I know this is crazy thinking, but that's the truth of it).  Anyway... be assured, you aren't alone!!!!!!

Very very best wishes to you for a great pregnancy... try to let the self critic take a break and enjoy things!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1274 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 875 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views