Sigh...ultrasound was wrong

Brandi S.
on 6/15/12 8:10 am - TX
We were initially told last month at 16 weeks that we were having a boy. Today we went for a follow up and found out... it's a girl! I am excited either way but my hubby is having some bad gender disappointment. He already has 2 girls from a past relationship. It makes me feel bad bc I don't want him to treat her any differently.

Anyway... team pink it is!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Nikki M.
on 6/15/12 10:31 am
Its gotta be a little hard you bond with the baby as a boy or girl as soon as you find out! Then learning its actually the opposite gender has to feel a bit like a loss.  I'm sure your hubby will come around :)
My hubby really wanted a girl and was super disapointed at first that we are having a boy. But he has gotten over it and is excited now.
Congrats on the baby girl :) I was too scared to get an early ultrasound for that very reason!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LogansMommy
on 6/15/12 11:16 am - Marietta, GA
Brandi,

Sorry for the disappointment~
Who did the ultrasound? Doctor or tech?
What kind was it?

We knew at 11 weeks Logan Mitchell was a boy because we had a tech & neonatologist perform it with a 2D machine. I am adding this, to add, by chance maybe its wrong?

I hope the baby is healthy and you all grow deeply in love & live happily ever after
Celia S.
on 6/15/12 1:00 pm - Grand Junction, CO
16 weeks is like the very beginning of when the gender is detectable by u/s. Sorry you were told one last time and it's a girl this time. That does kind of stink since you had already started bonding (like Nikki said) with the baby as a boy. Don't worry too much about DH. He'll come around. ;) My hubby wanted a boy desperately with our first and let me tell you, my daughter has him completely wrapped around his little finger. He's hoping for a boy this time around, too, but I can tell you he'll be just as in love with another little princess :)
Paula622
on 6/15/12 1:12 pm
I guess you'll find out for sure who was right in a few months :)  Probably the biggest reason I like to find out in the delivery room, it is harder for them to be wrong that way!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

USAF Wife
on 6/15/12 2:00 pm
I can only tell you that I struggled with gender disappointment severely with my last pregnancy. I mean, I was devastated. Grant it, as my due approached, my disappointment lightened up and today, 7 months later, I obviously adore Tatum, she's the light in my dark days. I have a 14 yr old son from a previous. Tatum is my husband's first bio child. I know without a doubt if Tatum would have been a boy, my tubes would have been tied. AND, now lookie here, I'm 5.5 months pregnant with a baby boy. All I can say is try to be supportive towards your husband. Gender disappointment is very real and painful. I had so many people tell me I was a horrible mother and person for being upset over gender. But, I was able to process the emotions and wouldn't change it for the world.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Brandi S.
on 6/17/12 2:14 am - TX
He's dealing with it a little better now. I'm a little disappointed, only because I knew how badly he wanted a boy. I am just concerned with healthy. However, it did hurt to see the look on his face when she said girl.. and he went to sit down at the other end of the room which he has never done before when I've had an ultrasound. Yesterday I bought a little girly onsie that said "Dad's favorite shrimp" on it. It did make him smile. He loves to fish so I thought this would cheer him up a bit.

We do get a free 4D ultrasound session out of it since they were wrong the first time so that's a plus. He just won't go to that cuz he says they look freaky.

Baby Isabella is doing well though. We spent a couple hours in bed last night with our hands on my belly, doing something that felt like jumping jacks in there LOL It's like I would all of a sudden feel her at the top and very bottom at the same time. She's very very active!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views