To RNYers - Breastfeeding question

Brandi S.
on 6/19/12 8:46 am - TX
I had my RNY 10/11 and was wondering if any of you that had had the same procedure had nutritional issues in breastfeeding. This is something I am really passionate about doing and I hope that my surgery doesn't prevent me from doing so.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
SassySamara
on 6/19/12 9:04 am - San Antonio, TX
I had RNY and was able to breastfeed my son for one year with no issues. I only had to use formula maybe 5 or 6 times total due to either being ill or maybe having a day where I just did not pump as much due to work restrictions or something. He really did not care for formula though. Once he was on foods that helped. I did not have the greatest supply but there is a lot you can do to help that as well and my son was fine on the growth and development scale so no nutritional issues there. He is now a happy and healthy 4 yr old!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Brandi S.
on 6/19/12 12:06 pm - TX
That is so good to hear. Two out of my three friends who have had it done were not able to breastfeed because of anemia. So far I haven't had any of those issues. I'm praying everything goes well and I'm determined I won't give up on it.

Ann D.
on 6/21/12 10:31 am - Amelia, OH
I have been breastfeeding almost 4 months now.  No issues.
Ann

Mom to Ean after 5 longs years of Infertility....2/29/12!

icon_angel.gif - 3/07                             icon_angel.gif - 12/07                             icon_angel.gif - 3/08 
icon_angel.gif - 5/09                             icon_angel.gif - 11/10                             icon_angel.gif - 2/11
shrinkingarmywife77
on 6/21/12 11:49 am - Lyman, SC
I had RNY and anemia and breastfed my son for 11 1/2 months with no problems whatsoever..my anemia is mild but it didn't pose a problem at all.  Best wishes :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 868 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views