Started my glucose testing yesterday

Brandi S.
on 7/27/12 2:15 am - TX
At my appt yesterday, my OB gave me instructions to do my glucose testing for a week since we cant do the glucola test. It doesnt hurt as bad as I thought, although I am a big baby and still twitch every time I poke myself LOL Yesterday after meals it was 89 both times and this morning it was 72 fasting. Yay for good numbers! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/12 3:53 am
Yay!!!! good luck!
Time_for_Monica
on 8/2/12 6:45 am - Levittown, NY
 Hi Congrats to you!!!! I'm also preggo, 8 weeks and 4 days with Twins!!! I'm 2 years and 4 months post op. What exactly is the glucose testing? Do you think I will have to do that too??

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Brandi S.
on 8/2/12 7:15 am - TX
Congrats on the twins! I went to my OB today with all my results and she says I passed. Yay! No gestational diabetes! The glucose testing is in place of the glucose tolerance test that they usually give at the end of your 2nd trimester/beginning of your 3rd trimester. If you have had gastric bypass (not sure about the other procedures) you would get very ill from the glucola drink. Instead of that test, they have you test your blood sugar at home 4 times a day, fasting, and one hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. You do this for a week, bring in your results to your OB and they go from there. Hope that helps!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views