Imagine my Surprise

sleeverinKC
on 8/3/12 11:28 am
Imagine my surprise when we went in for an ultrasound on Monday and found out that not only a) we are actually 12 weeks instead of 8 weeks like we thought, but b) that we have two little babies in there!  Let me tell you, this was a total shock to both me and my husband, thought both very excited and happy.  We have been through 3 miscarriages and were so nervous about this pregnancy, but we know that we are blessed. As usual, I need some advice.  My OB wants me to get in 2400-2700 calories per day and 80 grams of protein.  The 80 grams of protein is easy peasy, however, I cringe at the calories.  I am a little over a year post-op and most days pre-pregnancy I was sitting pretty at 1500 and was able to maintain my weight.  When we found out we were pregnant I added a shake and a yogurt and was up to 1800 which everyone seemed to be ok with.  This 2400 seems so far fetched I don't know what to think.  Of course she knows about my limited capacity and knows that this could be a struggle, so she has me meeting with a nutritionist next week that specializes in pregnancy after weight loss surgery.  What are your guy's thoughts?  Has anyone had twins since WLS?  How hard was it to get the needed calories? Thanks for all of your help!
My Journey to a HEALTHY Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend!!   

USAF Wife
on 8/3/12 10:45 pm
See if you can find furiosmommy profile, she had VSG, and just delivered twins a few months ago.

I can't remember her calorie guideline, but she'll help you.

Congrats!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

kristeninoc
on 8/6/12 1:15 am - Santa Ana, CA
no advice but a big CONGRATS!!
windowsdown
on 8/6/12 10:39 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Congrats on the twins! Wishing you a happpy and healthy pregnancy!
Time_for_Monica
on 8/9/12 1:37 pm - Levittown, NY
 WOW, congrats to you!! I am going to have twins too. I'm only 9 1/2 weeks right now but I've gotten to see my little twinnies 4 times already.  . lol. The first time was to confirm the pregnancy and they saw twins right away!!! the second and third time was because I had some bleeding and I was freaking out and wanted to see the Doc right away so he told me to go in to see a nurse cuz he wasn't there and then he saw me the next day to make sure everything was ok. And then just yesterday I had my first Pre-natal appointment and I got to see them again and they are so big and moving a lot!!! I'm already 2 years and 5 months post-op so I am able to get a lot more calories in now, which actually is making me worry that I may gain too much in this pregnancy. I just have to try to be more careful and at least try to walk every day. I was an exercise freak up until April of this year when I was in a car accident and was forced to stop exercising. . .and then I got a little lazy. . .and then I found out about the pregnancy and haven't really done a good workout since.. .lol. So I hope that all goes well for you and your babies, we should keep in touch. I think our due dates might be pretty close. Mine is March 10th. 

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1239 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views