Need some true advice

longjourney23
on 8/14/12 11:29 am
hey ladies,
i have never posted on here cause frankly, i never thought i would want to get pregnant after my surgery. I am only a year out (Aug 19th)
my last 2 cycles were 40 days to the day. I can not remember the one before this. Last wednesday would have been 40 days.
the first day of my last period was June 28/12. I have taken 3 home pregnancy test, all negative, but I have so many symptoms of pregnancy and I don't know what to do or what to believe.
I have nausea, headaches, increased vaginal discharge (sorry tmi) light headed, i am all of a sudden clumsy, i have been drooling (not because of food), breast feel full, my nose is a little stuffy and i just feel like i could be.
i guess what i am hoping you lovely ladies could tell me is, since you had your surgery, were your symptoms increased or different, and also, how long before you got a postive test.
now that it is in my head that i could be pregnant, i do want another (my daughter is 5, almost 6)

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! Congrats to all of you :)
ochikezie
on 8/14/12 2:16 pm - Essex, MD
If it walks like a duck? lol My symptoms were increased, I could fall asleep mid conversation etc. My pregnancy tests at home and at Dr. office were negative, When I got a positive I was already 3months in. Your body knows, all you can do is ask your Dr. for a blood test. Good luck on your Journey.
megaflu
on 8/14/12 2:44 pm - Bedford, PA
I hate to say it, but a blood test from your doctor would be your best shot.  I got my BFP on at home test 1 week after I was late (and I only did that because I swore I was just late, not pregnant, well suprise). 
I can't say my symptoms were all that different, in fact I was one of the ones that didn't get morning sickness or headaches. 
Best wishes.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Paula622
on 8/14/12 7:33 pm
With both of my pregnancies (one pre WLS, one post op) I had to be a good week+ past my missed period to get a positive pregnancy test.  With my first baby, I even had a negative blood test from the doctor just a few days before finally getting a positive home test.  With both however, I KNEW I was pregnant, regardess of what the tests said.  So, give it some time, call your doc, etc.  Good luck, keep us posted!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Zee Starrlite
on 8/16/12 11:41 am
A simple blood test is your answer!  Sometimes our hormones are just crazy while we are losing weight - our fat cells are releasing estrogen.

In your case I hope whatever you want will be.

Best,
L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 857 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views