Swelling in odd places

Brandi S.
on 8/23/12 10:04 am - TX
So last night I noticed that I have a lot of swelling in my lower belly where my extra skin is. It used to be all wrinkled. Now it's tight and smooth. The swelling made it look like turkey skin, as my husband so lovingly put it. It is painful and it hurts to bend. I called my dr at like 9 pm and the on call dr said as long as the baby is moving and no contractions, to just lay down and call it an early night but to call my actual OB in the morning to let her know. I called her but she has yet to call me back. It is less swollen this morning, probably because I've been laying and sitting since last night. Has anyone else ever had swelling in weird places like this?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
RachelRN
on 8/24/12 6:45 am - Noblesville, IN
I also got this kind of swelling i my panni and it was relieved with rest. If if get reds, painful, and/or hot to touch go in to be seen immediately. The swelling alone I was told is not an issue as long as baby seems fine. Also, don't be surprised if your lady parts get swollen. That's a fun one! Take care and good luck!
Brandi S.
on 8/24/12 8:12 am - TX
I'm glad to hear that it's nothing to be concerned with. I go in to see the dr Monday but I've been worried. Bella is still moving and all, no contractions but the swelling was a little alarming. As for the swollen lady parts, I've already had those LOL It's sad when you lay down on the bed, spread your legs and ask your husband if it looks funny ... you should have seen the look on his face when I said that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 868 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views