TTC and feeling obsessed! lol

Kim26
on 8/29/12 5:23 pm, edited 8/29/12 5:28 pm
Hello - I am not new to Obesity Help, but am new to the Pregnancey Forum. I feel like I have to get this all out or I am going to explode!  lol  I am sorry if TMI.

I am 16 months post op from Gastric Bypass, and a few months ago my husband and I decided to try to have our first child. I am 35 and have PCOS - so I am worried that it will take some time (and I am/was not even 100% convinced that I was ovulating.)  My periods were sparatic at best before WLS, but now I get one every month - but the day of start varies.  I honestly always believed that I would never be able to get pregnant.

After a few unsucessful months, we invested in the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor (even though there are warnings about it's accuracy for those with PCOS).  Well this was our first month of using it. On days 9 & 10 it showed an elevated level, and days 11 &12 it showed peak ovulation time!! I was thrilled that it seemed to be working.  Well a week and a day after "trying," I got some wierd spotting - dark red and then lighter brown. This lasted 4 days. My first thought was that was a bad sign - that perhaps the egg was almost fertiziled, but the blood mean it didn't "take."  After some Google searchs, it seems that I could have been experiencing "implementation bleeding"?  This would be a very good sign.  Now, I am consumed with finding out. I have taken quite a few tests - all totally negative...no faint line, no HINT of a second line.

If the Fertility Monitor is accurate, I ovulated 8/14 & 8/15......possible implementation bleeding on 8/22-8/25.....and all tests negative so far. My period varies so much - I would be next due for one anywhere from 9/3-9/15. I know that I am WAY early to test and I have to try to get my mind off of this, as it feels like it is taking over. I am browsing Websites for baby furniture, Googling all kinds of baby things, etc.  I felt like I had a good handle on things but I really just want to know.  

When did everyone out there test and get a POSITIVE!? 

Thanks for listening, and I am sorry to vent.  

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/12 6:21 pm
Welcome! Its too early to test!!!!!!!!! The earliest would be Friday, but even that is really early! I too am ttc and af is due 9/4. I plan on starting to test Friday even though it will still be early. Its normal to become obsessed. I just used opks for the first time this month and NEVER got a positive.... it more frustrating and aggregating, for me at least. Good luck to you, it sounds like implantation bleeding and that's a very good sign! Give it a chance, you need to build some hcg for the test to detect. Keep is updated!!!!!
Kim26
on 8/29/12 7:33 pm
Hi Melanie - Thank you for your encouragement!  I am making myself crazy  - I know that I am way too early to test - I just can not help myself! lol   Like you said, I need to give it a chance and relax a bit.

I used the opks for 1 month and I never got a positive either - which nearly confirmed my concern that I was not ovulating. BUT with this Fertility Monitor, it seemed like it detected something (from what I read the monitor tests for LH and Estrogen?). I think I read that the LH Surge that the opks test for can last for 12 hours - so if you are not testing within those 12 hours, then wouldn't it be possible to "miss" it?  I am really just learning all of this stuff - so I could certainly be wrong.

I wish you the best of luck - and you keep us updated too!! :) 

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
jessicae
on 8/29/12 6:27 pm
 it is really hard not to obsess, isn't it?!  I am 36 and was originally diagnosed with PCOS but then second opinion said "unexplained infertility".  we tried for 6 months on our own (this is all pre-op) then did 6 medicated cycles (3 IUI's) with an RE.  We're going to start "officially" trying again in the next few months (have not been trying, but have not been preventing AT ALL) and nothing as happened yet.  

i have never used the fertility monitor but do use the clearblue OPK's and love them.  I like getting the little smiley face. :)  

lots of luck to you, hang in there- it will be time to test before you know it!  try to relax and enjoy the process. :)

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Kim26
on 8/29/12 7:39 pm
Hey Jessica - Thank you for your note.  Yes, it is very, very hard not to obsess - and I can't even imagine how it would actually be to get a positive result!  Then I would REALLY be a mess!  lol

That is awesome that you are getting smile faces with the OPKs - I was unsuccessful in ever getting a positive read. That is a great sign!! :)  I wish you the best of luck too - hope that it happens for you soon - it sure can be frustrating, but will be WELL worth it in the end. At least we are not alone in this madness!!

Thanks again!

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Celia S.
on 8/30/12 4:39 am, edited 8/30/12 4:40 am - Grand Junction, CO
With my first pregnancy, I was almost 6 weeks along before I found out, but with this pregnancy, I tested at 3w6d (the day before AF was due) and got a faint positive. If I'm doing the math correctly, that was 12 or 13 DPO.

I would wait at least another 3-4 days before testing again.
Pink_140
on 8/30/12 6:48 pm
 I ovulated on 8/11 and got a positive pregnancy test at home on 8/23, one day before my missed period and had it confirmed by my doctor on the 24th with an HCG test (level 46) and again on the 27th (HCG level then 341). What you experienced with the spotting sounds like implantation bleeding to me.  Keep testing, it can take a little while and GOOD LUCK!
Kim26
on 9/6/12 7:52 pm
Congratulations!!! How exciting for you!!! I appreciate your words of encouragement.  What's meant to be, is meant to be.  :)

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Kim26
on 9/6/12 7:50 pm
Hi - just wanted to update that I am not preggos - I ended up getting my period about 4 days earlier than anticipated.  Very strange though, as the bleeding that I had mid-cycle has never happened to  me before (I would never normally spot between periods)...so I am not sure what that was. I certainly had my hopes up that it was Implementation bleeding, but it wasn't so.  Back to the Clearblue Fertility Monitor, and keeping my fingers crossed! 

Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement - and good luck to all!

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views