27 Weeks Pregnant - 3 Years Post-Op RNY - Vomiting & Racing Heart

bella80
on 11/10/12 8:57 am - Brisbane, Australia

Hi,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and struggling with vomiting after eating. I am 3 years post-op RNY. It doesn't matter how small a meal I eat, I feel very uncomfortable, my heart races and I often have to vomit. To me, it feels as though I have a lap-band once again and am spending my life vomiting!

Prior to my pregnancy I didn't vomit from my RNY. I vomited in my first trimester due to morning sickness, but now I am vomiting due to discomfort and a full feeling, even from eating a small meal, regardless of what that meal is. It almost feels like I dump on EVERYTHING, even if it has no sugar, or carbs or fat or is a tiny portion!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is my stomach pushed into a smaller, weird shape due to the baby and causing me the discomfort? I stop eating WELL before I am full and will almost always end up very uncomfortable and having to vomit. Eating anything at all seems to cause my heart to race uncontrollably. Has my metabolism changed with pregnancy and is the having some sort of effect?  

Please help!

THE_life10
on 11/10/12 11:17 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I'm going through the same thing at 7 weeks..I'm interested in what the vets have to say!

In the mean time stay hydrated and rest.

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

rthomas
on 11/11/12 4:06 am - bham, AL
Yea i have the racing heart problem myself idk y ur vomiting probably the smell ?? Poor lady i was sick too but it has went any but have u asked ur doc for anti. Nausea medicine??
Mandee
on 11/13/12 11:27 pm - NY

I am only 10 weeks in, but the same thing happened to me last night.  I ate a small well balanced dinner (although, I did let my stomach get empty first and stay empty for quite a few hours which I find I cant do while pregnant), I ate until I was comfortably satisfied.  Yet, I felt like my food was just not digesting.  Like it was all setting uncomfortably in my pouch.  It wasn't until after 45 minutes when I just couldn't' take the discomfort anymore that I threw up.  After that I felt better, but I haven't wanted to eat much besides my Triscuits today.  My pouch feels extra small.  Maybe, it's a pregnancy thing or hormones?

pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1320 views