Morning sickness questions - TMI warning!

trustno1
on 1/26/13 8:49 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with

Hi,

Most of you wouldn't know me, I didn't comment much even when I was pregnant and TTC but a few oldies might.  After a MMC & D&C in December, we caught the 1st egg and I"m 4w3d today.  This is my 4th pregnancy (terminated 1st at 18, DS, MMC, new one now) and I only had MS with the 1st one, but it was really 24/7 with almost no puking - which I think is worse, because at least when you puke, you feel better for a bit!

This is my 1st time post op though (4 years in 3 days, wow time flies!) with MS.  Most of the time I don't have nausea, it's like that "too full" feeling you get post op - usually "too full" is accompanies by a bit of pain (or a lot) and I can just lean over and let some out and be done with it.  The morning sickness is similar, except I'm giving back at least 1/2 of almost everything I ingest.  I just suddenly feel the need to get up and "puke".  There's rarely any gagging (though I don't have a uvula, which might help that), I tend to just lean over and out it comes.  No violence to it, if that makes sense.  I get occasional waves of nausea, but they don't often coincide with the actual puking.

Is this normal post op?  Am I a freak?  Am I just eating too much? (the last one doesn't seem likely as the "too full" puking would usually stop when I got out the "too much" when not pregnant)  Is this too much puking for MS?  I don't think it's HG since I can keep some of what I eat down...  Would drugs help?  I happen to see my doc Friday for my D&C follow up (normally wouldn't see the OB til 10 weeks here) so I can get drugs if necessary.  It doesn't cause distress other than it's annoying and certain foods really DON'T mix... ;)

Apologies for the TMI and thank you for reading and any advice you have. :)

I DID Make It - 135.4 8-1-10!  Now working on post baby weight loss. (All WL post-op - preop got up to 220 from quitting smoking & last supper syndrome.)  5'2"
Paula622
on 1/26/13 12:09 pm

Is it possible that you have some sort of stomach bug?  Four weeks is kind of early for morning sickness, did it start that early with your first pregnancy?  Not sure what to tell you, hope the doc has some answers.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

trustno1
on 1/26/13 12:13 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with

While possible, I don't think it is a bug, since I basically feel 100% (tired as usual during the 1st tri) most of the time.  My first pregnancy was 24/7 nausea, not vomiting, 18 years ago and preop so unfortunately, I can't really compare.  I wish I could, I'd feel  a lot better!

I don't think my doc will treat me any differently (the last one at the same practice didn't) because of my VSG, hoping that other WLS post-ops know what I'm going through.

I DID Make It - 135.4 8-1-10!  Now working on post baby weight loss. (All WL post-op - preop got up to 220 from quitting smoking & last supper syndrome.)  5'2"
Lianne C.
on 1/27/13 3:41 am - Garden City, MI
I am 15 weeks tomorrow with my second post-op baby, and still having MS!!! I only get the motion with no production, lots of violent thrashing and heaving! I will be 4 years post op on Feb 9th, and it is still always the same. Even if I eat too much, I just get foamies, no actual substance.

I have talked to the dr about it, and they always say "how is your morning sickness? Are you throwing up?" I feel like a broken record telling them that I have not thrown up or been able to for almost 4 years now! Every visit is the same though. I am even seeing a high risk OB who specializes in Post RNY pregnancies.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
trustno1
on 1/27/13 6:13 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with

That sucks, I know that actually getting some out would provide relief. :(  Does the doc worry at all about you, or are they saying it's normal?

Lianne C.
on 1/27/13 8:47 am - Garden City, MI
It's all normal, they prescribed me for Zofran, but I would rather not take anything unless I have no other choice! I am a vitamins only type girl!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
trustno1
on 1/27/13 10:05 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with

That sucks.  I saw you dumped today too, I have had a mild form of that once or twice, my condolences. :(

As for me - starting to have nausea a bit as well as more urgent and sudden need (rather than burping up food, which is normal for me, even pre-op), so I'm thinking this is definitely MS and it's probably only going to get worse.  YAY. :(

Lianne C.
on 1/27/13 11:32 am - Garden City, MI
MS was so much worse for me in the very beginning, now it is not as bad! As far as how far along, not being far enough to have MS, I had it before I even found out!

Hopefully it gets better for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1237 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 861 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1322 views