Mirena iud

nkjanes78
on 2/27/13 2:50 pm - Norfolk, VA
Ok so I had the mirena iud placed last march and today was my annual exam. The dr could not see, feel or find it. I mean seriouselly wtf? I know it didnt come out cause I'm certain I would have felt it. I'm going for an ultra sound tomorrow but I'm terrified of potentially needing to have it fished out. Had this ever happened to anyone?

tygercub82
on 2/27/13 11:00 pm - TX
RNY on 01/13/12 with

I had the mirena and that is why I am currently 16 wks pregnant. Just about 1 year after I had it put in, it came out. I went to the bathroom one day and went to do my string check and they were right there not inside like they should have been. I pulled it out. Had no pain or bleeding, until I started my period for the 1st time the next day. I have read a lot about it after that and apparently its a pretty common thing. Good Luck! 

Dev *.
on 3/11/13 3:16 am - Austin, TX

It is possible for IUD's to fall out. That said, the only way for your doctor to FEEL it is by feeling for the strings. The strings can retract, mine did with my first Mirena. The only problem it causes is that you may have to have sedation to have it removed because they will have to use an instrument to reach in and grab it.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

nkjanes78
on 3/11/13 3:33 am - Norfolk, VA
I had an ultra sound the next day and its there. I'm having it out in a few weeks when I have my tubes tied. I am relieved!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views