Fertility meds and extreme exhaustion...anyone experience this?

jessann5
on 5/21/13 11:02 pm - Kansas City, KS

Hi Girls :)

So my Clomid was upped to 150mg cycle day 3-7 and I swear in my life (nursing school finals week included) I have never, ever, never, ever, ever been this tired....I mean super want to lay down on the floor at work and sleep for two days tired. And the hot flashes...Good Lawd! I thought I was going to die in a self created hot flash inferno!

I go for my ultrasound today to see if any of these torture treatments have worked....so hoping for a big ol' follicle, because honestly these meds are rough and I am not looking forward to going through this again next month.

Anyone else share in my pain here? Crazy, exhausted, hotter than the Devil's toenails kinda thing?

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Sara S.
on 5/22/13 1:04 am

*If this month doesn't work* ask for FEMARA... seriously. Hardly any side effects.

Praying this is your month.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
SassySamara
on 5/22/13 1:16 am - San Antonio, TX

I am with Sara.....Femara....much better than Clomid. I went through Clomid "hell" at the 150 mg dose for 4+ months with no success and all the side effects you describe were included and then some. Good Luck!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

cryspyx
on 5/22/13 1:29 am - Hartford, CT

yep agreeing with the others, ask about FEMARA. Clomid did nothing for me except make me crazy at 150mg

addict05
on 5/28/13 1:05 am - IL

Hi, I just went through an IVF cycle and luckily didn't notice too many side effects, just wanted to wish you luck, I am on my 2 week wait to find out if I am pregnant. Yikes.

tasie402
on 7/24/13 1:54 pm

boy am i glad my doc started me on femara, not chlomid.  i can tell you, though, that it EXHAUSTS me as well!  no hot flashes, but man, tired!!  if i drink coffee (which i normally do not) in the morning it helps a lot, but yeah.  at least you might drop the hot flashes.  good luck.  i just had iui yesterday...crossing my fingers!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views