4 weeks pregnant - miracle

Hollie313
on 8/12/13 2:22 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

I'm 15 months post-op and just when DH and I settled ourselves and accepted our lives without children, we were thrown a curve ball.  I have PCOS and a blocked right fallopian tube.  We've been trying for children for 11 years and yesterday I found out we're pregnant!!

I don't see my ob/gyn until next Friday.  I don't see the bariatric center until September.  Do I need to see them (bariatric center) sooner or inform them?

Also, my regular vitamin regimen consisted of 2 multivitamins a day, 2 calciums per day and 1 chewable iron.  I went yesterday to pick up prenatal vitamins.  My question is do I take the prenatals + the 2 multis a day?  Do I replace 1 with the prenatal?  I'm lost and don't want to do anything wrong, since it's taken us this long to get here.  My biggest fear is losing this baby or doing something to unintentionally harm it.

Any and all opinions are VERY much appreciated, as this is my first pregnancy ever and I'm kind of terrified.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

cryspyx
on 8/12/13 6:05 am - Hartford, CT

that's a question for your obgyn, but typically you replace the multi with a prenatal but not two because you don't want to go over 1.22mg of folic acid per day unless they deem it necessary. depending on the type of WLS may affect how many times a day they want you to take a prenatal. you can always call and ask the nurse that works at the obgyn office. they should be able to give  you an idea of how much you should be taking.

jessann5
on 8/18/13 11:48 pm - Kansas City, KS

Congrats Hollie! What happy news!

Can I ask if you did any fertility treatments to get pregnant, or did this occur naturally?

I too have PCOS and have been doing fertility treatments for 8 months now. We have been trying to get pregnant for about 4 years.

So happy for you! Sending you best wishes for a healthy, happy pregnancy!

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Hollie313
on 8/19/13 12:15 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

Thank you, Jessann!

I'm happy, except for the nausea/vomiting and extreme fatigue....lol.

We did not do any fertility treatments.  Shockingly, it happened naturally.  We actually had been discussing IVF because a close friend of mine, who has PCOS, ended up having to do IVF.  Glad to say she delivered a healthy baby girl this past December.  We were very on the fence with IVF, since there is no guarantees and it's a large sum of money.  My insurance won't cover a single dime of it.  So, we had actually decided to just live life with our fur babies and be happy.  So, needless to say this was QUITE a shock.

I'll be praying your fertility treatments are successful!!!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

tparham1
on 8/19/13 1:55 am - Royal Oak, MI

Hollie this is great news, so happy for you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1320 views