My baby is a year old! pics

Nikki M.
on 8/16/13 4:52 pm, edited 8/16/13 4:54 pm

Hey Everyone, it's been awhile! I come on here from time to time to check in on you all... I just don't have much time to comment/post! My baby is already a year old! I can't believe it! It's been a fun/crazy year. Malcolm is amazing and I love being a mom. Malcolm is just starting to walk and is cutting his first year molars already. He's really tall for his age and with all of his hair and teeth people think he's a lot older than he is. I still work full time but that has been working ok since Malcolm loves his daycare. 

I've struggled with my weight post baby and am attempting to rein it back in by quitting sugar/flour. It's hard being so busy to prepare healthy foods all the time. But I'm working on it! We are considering TTC again in the new year and I want to lose at least 30 pounds before then. I've already met with my RE and the plan is to start with clomid and IUI before going back to injectables.

I hope everyone is doing well! Here are some pics from Malcolm's one year shoot at JCPenny :) 

-Nikki

P4.jpg

P14.jpg

P21.jpg

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MeliT
on 8/17/13 3:36 am - Miami, FL

he's beautiful!! congrats!!!! i'm in the same boat with weightloss. but then i think, hey it took me like a full year to lose weight after surgery and that was with the 6 month honeymoon period that i'll never have again. so i shouldn't be so hard on myself that i haven't lost the weight yet. but i am working on it. 

i will live through all of you ladies TTC/getting pregnant again bc even though i loooove getting and being pregnant i know i'm in no position to have another kid right now.

keep us posted!

Celia S.
on 8/17/13 4:50 am - Grand Junction, CO

It is so crazy how quickly this year flew by! Malcom is so handsome! Congrats and best of luck with the weight loss and ttc again! :)

Lianne C.
on 8/18/13 2:41 pm - Garden City, MI
He is adorable! Congrats!

As far as the weight goes, I understand completely! I struggled to get my baby weight off after my first post op baby. I found myself pregnant again in under 2 years! I now have a lot more added weight to take off! So take it from me, wait intil you get it off! This baby was a huge surprise, but I love her so much, I would have gained it 10x's, but I wish I was able to of taken the weight off before getting pregnant. Good luck as we will be on the weightloss journey together
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nikki M.
on 8/22/13 7:01 am

You're pregnant again Lianne?! I must have missed something! Congratulations!

I am bound and determined to get back to the weight I was when I got pregnant the first time before I get pregnant again. ... I had a great pregnancy at that weight and I have all my maternity clothes from that weight! So I've got 30 pounds from today to go... I think I can I think I can I think I can :)

Nikki M.
on 8/22/13 7:03 am

And thanks everyone for your sweet comments :)

We are going to wait for awhile before we start TTC... at least until the new year, probably quite a ways into it! I'm thinking closer to 3 years apart would be nice ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views