Pregnant, I think, maybe?

Rekeca
on 11/12/13 2:20 am - NC

Hello, Its has been a long time since I have been on here. My husband and I have been trying to conceive actively for about a year and a half. We have done fertility treatments and in the last few months IUI. Still to no avail. Last month I was scheduled to take my regular blood work during the first two days of my menstrual. (my insurance "Aetna" will only pay if the blood test is within the first two days of my cycle) Well I missed my appointment b/c I was late due to unforeseen cir****tances. So I couldn't do my IUI due to not having the proper blood work and hormone levels. I wasn't disappointed just said we will pick up next month.  Fast forward to this month and my menstrual should have come on on the 7th or 8th.  I have been cramping and breast was tender just chalked it up to period coming soon. Today still no period, I had a dollar tree test and just decided to test so I would stop thinking about being pregnant. To my surprise it was positive. I have never had a positive test EVER... Not even a false positive. However I am still skeptical. The due date calculator states I should be 5 weeks. When should I request a test from Dr?  I want to be excited but I am so nervous and scared. I am cramping don't know if this is normal or not.

windowsdown
on 11/12/13 3:38 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

OMG OMG!!!! Congrats!  I was wondering were all my TTC ladies was at! Call the doctors office now and schedule an appointment for a blood test! Keep us posted.

Rekeca
on 11/12/13 4:17 am - NC

I just called my doctor's office and they said that I can come in tomorrow between 7-8:30 am to get a blood test. I will be so nervous until that time. I probably won't even be able to sleep to night. I need to do something to get rid of this nervous energy.

LinseyM
on 11/12/13 5:20 am - CA

Yay!! Congrats. I just found out I was pregnant 10/28/13. I have been doing blood work 2x a week just to ease my mind until I have my first u/s. Thats very exciting. Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months.

Rekeca
on 11/12/13 5:51 am - NC

Thank you. Congrats to you as well.

Paula622
on 11/13/13 2:34 am

Congratulations!  How awesome that it happened on its own the month that you "took off" from all the interventions!  Dollar tree or doctor's office, a positive is a positive!  Cramping is usually completely normal, especially with a first pregnancy as your uterus is growing and stretching to make room for the new inhabitant.  I've had 4 pregnancies, and the only one that didn't have cramping in the early weeks was the one that I lost, so I'd say it is a good sign.  Hope all goes well with the doctor and that you have an easy healthy pregnancy.  Congrats, again!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Rekeca
on 11/13/13 3:42 am - NC

Thank you Paula.

Rekeca
on 11/13/13 3:42 am - NC

******update****** I went to take my blood pregnancy test this morning. I just call a call from the nurse and she confirmed that I am indeed pregnant. She stated my numbers are 930 which is right where they are suppose to be and she wants to see them increased by 2/3rds on Friday (what ever that means). So I have to go back on Friday morning for another blood test to make sure my numbers are multiplying like they should. I am excited and numb at the same time. WOW I can't believe it.

windowsdown
on 11/13/13 7:57 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

Yaaaaaaaaaay!  I love hearing this from the TTC ladies on this board (we tend to stay pretty quiet esp lately) But I know you had been trying for a while and was getting discouraged.!  This absolutely warms my heart and I'm soooo happy for you and your hubby.  Here's to a healthy and very happy 9 months.

LeighAnne89
on 11/13/13 11:36 am - KY

I am so happy for you and the cramping is normal I had a lot of cramping with my son and he turned out perfect :) I start clomid next month to try for baby #2 so I got my fingers crossed.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views