Looking for information- actively TTC

cdnov26
on 1/8/14 4:39 am - MA

So.... someone helped me find this board!  And I'm so excited to see a bunch of other people either trying to conceive or pregnant who have had weight loss surgery.

I'm a little over 5 years post RNY.  I have had issues on and off with various help concerns, but for about a year I have been healthy.  At 33 and feeling like I want a child I started the process of trying to conceive.  (Doing this as a single mom).  This past sunday I had my first IUI after taking clomid at the beginning of my cycle.

My RE knows I had gastric bypass (he's the one that suggested it when I used to have PCOS (no more signs of that).  But he didnt give me any tips, etc.  I know its too soon to be having symptoms but today I have been feeling nauseated, so starting to think its just from stress (I dont think implantation could have even happened yet). 

For people who have had RNY, do you find you have had more morning sickness, etc. during pregnancy.  I know every women/pregnancy is different, but wondering if by the nature of our stomachs being pregnant affects us different.  I have been on a prenatal for a few months and added folic acid (I already had a deficiency) and also take iron 3 times a day (because of deficiency), I have been trying to eat more whole grains in preparation (I somehow used to not do to good with carbs and lots of grains). Figured I would change my diet some before it happened.  Does anyone have trouble getting the extra 300 calories a day in?  More importantly because of my family history and taking clomid I'm more prone to having multiples.  Anyone on here have multiples after RNY? 

Paula622
on 1/9/14 9:32 am

I had VSG, not RNY so I can't answer most of your questions, but just wanted to say welcome to the board and good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1235 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 860 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1321 views