20 Weeks/9 months post op

Washu
on 2/24/14 8:08 pm

This hasn't been easy. I'm 20 weeks pregnant with twin girls and just about 9.5 months post op. I have to hold my belly because of the changes when I walk. I believe I have developed a hernia along the middle of my upper abdominal muscles. I failed my sugar test and refused the second - so they are monitoring me. I'm just really uncomfortable right now and needed to vent. I have a ways to go still and I'm already so uncomfortable!! I was at 155 when I found out about the pregnancy - down 120 lbs on my journey. Today I'm at 165. Watching the scale rise is hard. I know it's for the babies but it's still messing with my head. Trying not to use the pregnancy as an excuse for poor choices but I have still made them. My capacity seems to have increased but I know my limits on portions and what is right for me. I can comfortably eat about a cup to a cup and a half of food. Depends on the type of food. Dense protein is at a half cup. Anyway - I'm frustrated and tired and crabby. Yay for babies. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

Valsdetermined2lose
on 3/4/14 7:36 am

Congrats! yes it's s hard not to make excuses because im pregnant with bad food choices but the cravings are terrible and i have to have it. I have NO restriction whatsoever , i cant believe how much i can eat and i have tons of water gain from being taken off meds but oh well. I know once baby is here i can do it all over again and lose this extra weight!

Good luck to you!

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/2/14 6:45 am
I hear you. I was 2 months shy of my surgiversary (VSG) when I found out I was pregnant with identical twin boys. It's not easy, but it sounds like you've got your head on straight. After I delivered, I didn't and gained back 40 of the 75 I had lost. I'm getting back on track now... I just wanted to chime in and let you know that you're doing great (even if it doesn't feel like it) and your babies will make it all worth it in the end .

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/14 11:03 am

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1234 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 859 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1321 views