How do you cook squash?

ktharp89
on 9/28/11 1:35 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I would love to know the different ways you cook squash! I like squash but never cook it at home. 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cherylkas
on 9/28/11 1:37 am - PA
 Depends on the squash. Some you can steam, grill or bake. I love to bake acorn squash this time of yr. And my kids love it. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 1:38 am
Easiest way ever:  Wa**** (if you have OCD, like me)
Put it in your Crockpot/slow cooker for 9 hours on low
Take it out and let it cool for about 20 minutes on a cutting board
Cut in half, dig out the seeds, scoop out the rest in a bowl
Enjoy!
Amy T.
on 9/28/11 1:39 am - CA
I love to saute yellow squash in olive oil with tons of onions and garlic.  Saute until almost carmalized.  Yummy.
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

dasie
on 9/28/11 8:32 pm
That's exactly how I cook it....so yummy.  Pre WLS I would add some butter too.  Now I omit the butter, but it tastes just as good....better probably.

Kim H.
on 9/28/11 1:56 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I love to roast butternutt in the oven with a little olive oil and sea salt. (First, peel-seed-chop into cubes) It ends up having a richer flavor as the water is cooked off. I also add this roasted squash to chicken or veggie broth and puree to make yummy soups, too.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/28/11 2:01 am - Baltimore, MD
Search Bariatric Foodie for the word squash. I put it in lots of things. It'll give you some ideas.
curvaceousdiva
on 9/28/11 2:05 am - Hyattsville, MD
i make zucchini bread
sautee with onions and salt pork
batter then fry it

Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
lilbear412
on 9/28/11 2:25 am - MN
 i love spaghetti squash.  this is a new find for me btw.  i take and cut it in half and scoop out the seeds and then put it cut side down on a pan covered with foil.  I put a bit of water on the pan to steam it and cook it for about an hour.  Then scrape it out with a fork put a bit of butter on it and some garlic/parsley salt and its sooooooo good.   

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 2:29 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Luv spaghetti squash!  Put some pasta sauce on it after cooking!  Yummy!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 332 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 349 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 286 views