Endoscopy tomorrow...nervous!

LadyOnna
on 10/3/11 7:39 am - IL
5 weeks out today...still having pains in the stomach sometimes( not always) to the point that I have to lay down for a while...Im not eating too much at a time and I REALLY REALLY chew my foods well....sometimes it feels like I will swallow and it goes down but just not all the way until a little while later....I have never had anything "come back up " on me....I feel like such a baby...that maybe what I am feeling is normal.......::sigh::  I guess maybe I will feel better tomorrow if I am told all is well!  Still very nervous about the endoscopy....just wanna feel better!
Thanks for listening
emt_amy
on 10/3/11 8:35 am - MN
Don't be nervous. I had one done almost 2 weeks ago. The painful part was the iv they gave me, they couldn't get a vein so they were poking both arms. Once I was in surgery I was out maybe 45 min. I felt amazing after! Just don't take big drinks or drink too fast.
poet_kelly
on 10/3/11 9:23 am - OH
Oh, the endoscopy is no big deal.  I've had to have two and I was really nervous the first time.  They put some nice drugs in my IV, I fell asleep right away, woke up a short time later feeling just fine other than a slight sore throat.  And if you have a stricture, you will feel so much better after they fix it!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

KatCooper
on 10/3/11 10:13 am - Collierville, TN
 I have one tomorrow too.  I think I either have an ulcer or a stricture.  Guess I will find out tomorrow!!  Good luck to you!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 77 views