hard to explain but Ill try....

LadyOnna
on 10/31/11 6:17 am - IL
I am 9 weeks out  and I am finding it actually hurts inside, under and between my breasts if I dont eat..or if I am getting hungry I guess.  This is hard to explain..is this where my stomach is now? I promise I am really not stupid....but I thought by now Iwould be feeling pretty good. I've had 2 endoscopy dilations..the last one being one week ago .  Has anyone else had actual twingy pains if they dont eat....and NOT that I am not eating..I am ...but it seems like it happens on occasion...a couple of hours  or so after I eat...I get these pains.  Strange I know...but  leave it to me for things to not go "commonly"!!  LOL....I guess I just want to know I am not alone in what I am feeling..please let me know if I have company...and what you did about it.
Carla M.
on 10/31/11 6:22 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
You are normal. No worries. I get that "pain" too. Yes, your new pouch is basically near your chest now. I always chuckle to myself when I hold my belly saying I'm hungry because it's not where my pouch is. I've had several dilations myself. Sometimes our new pouhes are just not very cooperative. I have to take Bentyl and Levsin because of spasms and cramping...not just in my bowels, but the new pouch too. I also take two Nexium daily to avoid pain. I can definitely tell when it's time to take my doses. It's heartburn but feels like just pain.

It takes a while to adjust to this new stomach. You'll be fine! 

LadyOnna
on 10/31/11 6:45 am - IL
Thank you so much ...at least I feel a little validated for my pains now!!  LOL!!  I am on 2 pepcid a day since my dilations...just in case I suppose....but I take them faithfully. 
I actually have held on to myself there and said out loud that my stomach hurts (because I *thought* thats where it was now)  and my daughter  laughs at me.
I guess I think I am a faster healer than I am...wouldnt have anything to do with age now could it...NAH!!!
Thanks again...its nice to know I am normal...contrary to beliefs of my family!

JoDonna
Terrilmk
on 10/31/11 6:22 am - SC
 I am still preop, but my surgeon told me I would feel my "hunger" under my breastbone, not down in my abdomen.  
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
LadyOnna
on 10/31/11 6:41 am - IL
Thank you for the input.....it helps so much...and good luck to you on your near journey!!!!!!
waitingtoexhale69
on 10/31/11 8:05 am - IL
Hey i am glad you brought this up I've been trying to figure out this sensation as well.  It always happens when i  have not eaten in some time.  Because i am battling with nausea, it's hard for me to remember to force myself to eat.  And yes my surgeon has uped my pepcid to twice a day as well.  I hoping i don't need the dilitation as well.

LadyOnna
on 10/31/11 11:33 pm - IL
If you do need an endoscopy..please believe me that it is an easy fix...and the worst part is getting the IV...stay hydrated...its easier to get the IV in without blowing the vein.   Good luck!!!  and thank you for responding.
JoDonna
lilbear412
on 10/31/11 8:19 am - MN
 i have a different feeling that started about a month ago.  Between my pouch and belly button i feel this feeling like how hunger used to feel..kind of an empty on the verge of your tummy growling feeling?  It happens right before i am going to start thinking about getting hungry.  I think what i am actually feeling (no pain btw) is the sensation of food moving from my pouch...which is why i might feel hungry?  Its weird..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

lanagirl
on 10/31/11 10:01 am
When I had an upper GI a few weeks ago the radiologist showed me my pouch and I was shocked at how high it was! I also was surprised at how small it was, but seeing this was very helpful to me because now I realize that I should feel full after just  a few bites.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 532 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 117 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?