Post op pain question

DannyBoyDVG
on 2/1/12 9:28 pm - AR
 Post op pain question. I spelt in my recliner my 1st night home last night and when I woke up both o my arms were killing me. I mean the joints the muscles everything I'm both arms and they still are. Is this a problem of me maybe sleeping on them wrong or has anyone else had this happen before?            (also on a side note if u had the rny done lapascopeicly and your entry points sealed with skin cement how long did u guys wait to shower)
Jenspunky
on 2/1/12 9:32 pm
RNY on 01/16/12

I never had arm pain like you described, so I can't help you there.

My stitches were on the inside and they used glue over the incisions.  I was able to shower on day 2 post-op.  I would call your surgeon to ask when it's safe to shower.

~Jenna 
RNY 1/16/12

poet_kelly
on 2/1/12 9:33 pm - OH
I showered the day after surgery.  They asked if I wanted to shower before I left the hospital, but I preferred to wait until I got home.  So maybe 36 hours after surgery or something?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heidi T.
on 2/1/12 9:37 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
 I have staples so I cant help with wound care, but if you slept in a weird position then you can hurt your arms and bad.  Honestly I bit the bullet and slept in my bed, and man I am glad that I did.  My husband helped me to lay in my bed as it was a bit painful to get in, I took my pain meds and layed down with my cell right next to me.  When I woke up I called him (so i really did not have to move.) he held his arm out and I was able to pull myself up,(almost pain free).  I got good rest and was able to pass alot of gas, which was causing 70% of my pain.  My suggestion would be to attempt to sleep in bed tonight, trust yourself, you will get up, it jut may be slow.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
MichelleNC
on 2/1/12 9:39 pm
 Could the arm pain be gas moving out your shoulders? They always tell me that when I have surgery. I find after abdominal surgery recliners worked best for me too. But I would try the bed too!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

klynn87
on 2/1/12 10:19 pm
 i had my surgery last friday and i know what your talking about with arm pain,but my doctor told me it was most likely just gas pains. the more you get up and move around the better it gets. and mine was laparoscopic and i took a shower the day i got home which was, around 36 hours after surgery. 
Kenny B.
on 2/1/12 11:17 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12
I had surgery Monday, and I feel your pain. Me too, have had muscle pain in my arms and legs (calf muscle). As each day goes by, it gets better. I took a shower the next day which was Wednesday morning. I have staples too. 14 of them. Just use light soap and try not to get them to wet. Then just pat to dry off, don't wipe or scrub. You should be fine.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

undergoingchange
on 2/2/12 3:58 am
I showered on day 2. Used antibacterial soap I bathed with before surgery.  Made me feel like a new person even though it did tire me. This is what the surgeon said to use until wounds healed.  Mine were glued like yours.

Not sure about your arms.  Gas-x strips helped me tremendously with gas.

I slept in the bed from the first night.  I'm not comfortable on my back so I got on my side and put a pillow half way under my back and then relaxed back against it.  It was too painful to lay completely up on my side which is how I usually sleep.

Hope some of this helps and you are feeling much better pronto!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 529 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 93 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?