What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 3/12/15 10:08 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hello out there in OH land, and a very happy Friday to all!  Anyone got any super cool weekend plans?  We're doing the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown tomorrow, but that's about it.  My husband is in the Hibernians, so he always marches with my son.  They're awfully cute in their green jackets and walking caps.  LOL  Oh, and my son needs to finish his science fair project, complete with graphs and display boards, etc.  I'm actually gathering the data here at work today, because I'm the best mom ever.  The topic is "Can You Trick Your Taste Buds?".  My son's hypothesis is that people's perception of taste will be influenced by the color of the beverage they're drinking.  So, I'm having like 20 people taste test the same lemon lime seltzer dyed 4 different colors to see if they'll say it's grape, or cherry or whatever.  I live for this kind of ****  I LOVE projects.  Well, I love projects if they're not mine.  LOL

Let's see those photos ladies!

B:  Click Mocha

S:  Strawberry cheesecake Light & Fit Greek

L:  Spicy black bean burger with 2 HB eggs.  Maybe a cheese stick, too.

D:  Let's all get in the way back machine with me to 1979 and have fish sticks and mac & cheese.  I asked my husband what he wanted and this was it.  I'll make it work, because the more I think about it, the more it sounds pretty good.  I'll add some roasted broccoli on the side, too.

TOTALS:  Cals:  843  Protein:  68  Carbs:  62  Fat:  34

mamata2
on 3/12/15 10:50 pm

AV, you are such a good mama.  We will attend the science fair tomorrow but the kids never got around to doing their projects so we decided to let them fail on their own (for once).  No big plans, other than I REALLY want to get outside and bike.  I haven't been on my bike in months and this weekend should be perfect :)  My scale has been down the past two days, which hasn't happened in forever.  I don't know what I'm doing different but I hope it continues.

I can't get my pic to show in my photo folder :(

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Latte (cow/almond milk) and oats with cherries and almonds

S: 1/2 Quest bar

L: TJ's Chicken Pesto Sausage and Good Bean Chickpeas

S: Kay's Cinnamon Sugar Twists (not my favorite)

Post-work out: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: Chicken thigh with satay sauce

W/V: Started

E: 2000m swim

Totals: 995 calories, 91 protein, 82 carb, 41 fat

Have a great weekend all!

AngryViking
on 3/12/15 10:56 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

You know what's funny is that I'm pretty hands off with most schoolwork, but if he's got a diorama or some other "artsy" project to do, I can't stay away.  LOL  I've got a problem.

karenp8
on 3/12/15 11:34 pm - Brighton, IL

My son won the regional science fair when he was in 6th grade for his category. He had always been interested in Egypt and mummies and for his project he packed Cornish game hens in different dessicants to see which dried better. He weighed the hens before and after to see how much weight was lost. All I remember was little containers with dead birds,some oif which stunk,sitting in the garage. He had lots of fun though!

NYMom222
on 3/12/15 11:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

That is a great science fair project. I recently judged a science fair and I had to give the win to the one who did the whole scientific method with control groups etc. rather than just a display explaining something. Off to LA Fitness for thed first time. I woman from the support group ahs a membership where you can bring someone with you. So Zumba class and then swimming and jacuzzi. Today I am also speaking at a workshop at the Long Island Homeschool Convention. It is a workshop to answer questions for new homeschoolers. I homeschooled my son through high school, and still do tutoring for homeschoolers.

B: Premeri Protein

L: Chicken Salad and Salad

S: Kind Bar

D: turkey melt and stir fry veggies (Leftovers too good to waste)

S: ?

E: Zumba, swimming. Water: Yes V: Yes

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 3/12/15 11:17 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

So cool about LA Fitness!  I can't make myself go workout with other people.  I don't really like other people.  LOL  I know a lot of people who homeschool; mostly Marine wives who move around a lot.  I know I'd do it if we could afford to be a one income family.  Do you find that more people are homeschooling now than ever before?

NYMom222
on 3/13/15 3:06 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes more people are homeschooling, and more people are pulling their children out because of Common Core.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/15 11:17 pm

I love St.Patrick's day. I would love to go to one of the parades but it always seems to rain or we have something else to do. I think your a great mom helping your son with this project. It is hard to let them do things on their own but something like that they need help.

B:Yogurt with blueberries and slivered almonds

S:Cheese stick

L:Omelet with light American cheese and bacon

D:Burger no bun with a side salad and pickles

S:Yogurt

Here is a picture of my new dress I bought for a wedding. The girl who worked in the dressing room said it didn't look right and it was too tight. I looked at what she was wearing then bought the dress.

AngryViking
on 3/12/15 11:21 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Awesome dress!  You look super fab!  That saleslady clearly didn't know what she was talking about.

phibbmom
on 3/12/15 11:52 pm

IT DOESN'T LOOK TOO TIGHT AT ALL!!!!  I love it.  The color is fantastic.  You look great!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 353 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 332 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 284 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 348 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?