What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

catwoman7
on 11/24/18 4:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekeders!

I'm headed to an early morning yoga class this morning, then meeting a friend for coffee. Not sure what else we'll do today - but we're going to a hockey game tonight. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a lot of snow, which sounds like a great day to stay home and make turkey stock!

weight is down 1.5 lbs this morning - thank God! I'm still feeling a bi****erlogged, though, so it may be back down below 150 (my "oh crap" level) by tomorrow. I hope.

QOTD: what items do you always (or usually) keep in your car? (other than the obvious). I have an atlas, a couple of magazines (for reading while at the gym), a camping chair, my yoga mat, and an extra sweater or coat. I also keep a ****yx pillow in there (yes, I still get tailbone pain - esp on longer trips)

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with homemade raspberry sauce

MS: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: 2 oz turkey and 2 T hummus on a Flat Out wrap, grapes

AS: carbmaster yogurt or a piece of protein pumpkin pie

D: TJ's grilled chicken strips, vegetables

ex: yoga. May go to the gym later as well

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

momyshaver
on 11/24/18 6:06 am
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD: I have little packs of nuts and single serve nut butters, a few different protein drinks and powder packs and bottled water just in case I get stuck somewhere I am not unprepared. I also have an extra hoodie since I get cold, and extra phone charger and typical car stuff stowed in the way back under part.

I am not sure what I will eat today. I need to focus on hitting fluids. It feels like being a new post op right now. Honestly, going through this medical stuff feels like groundhog day. I don't regret bariatric surgery but I think it is important to share the good and the bad because it isn't all roses. I was so sure that none of the negative stuff would happen to me :/

Au_Contraire
on 11/24/18 9:49 am

I'm sorry that you've been unwell, and I hope that your troubles will very soon be entirely corrected and completely healed. Feel better!

momyshaver
on 11/24/18 9:54 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On November 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM Pacific Time, Au_Contraire wrote:

I'm sorry that you've been unwell, and I hope that your troubles will very soon be entirely corrected and completely healed. Feel better!

thank you. I think this is going to take a bit to correct if all goes well but it is something that many bypass patients deal with and I just have to get the big girl panties out and deal with it lol. It is really hard to not feel like a bariatric failure at this point but that is just no good thinking...it is just one of those things that happen sometimes. I gain so much from reading through the posts here on Obesity Help even if I don't post a response it reminds me I am not alone and part of a larger community of people who are all fighting their own fight

Au_Contraire
on 11/24/18 11:23 am

You are far from a bariatric failure! Hopefully everything will smooth out for you very soon. Hang in there!

karenp8
on 11/24/18 6:26 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! I did NOT want to walk this morning but Lily did so our 4 miles are done. I'll do another mile before supper too. I should get my steps in today as I have to get the camper packed to leave tomorrow for a month. I will have internet this time so will be posting still. I definetely need the accountability and to get the extra weight back off. Weight today is 126.6 so I'm going protein heavy with low carbs except my oats. Heres the food B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3 slices deli turkey D 4 oz pork chop few bites green beans S string cheese and sm meat stick. Have a great day full of smart choices everyone! Now time for some coffee.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/24/18 10:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank goodness for our dogs in getting us moving!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 129

karenp8
on 11/24/18 4:13 pm - Brighton, IL

Amen to that!

obxhatteraslight
on 11/24/18 12:42 pm - baldwinsville, NY

what protein do you use for your oatmeal? I eat quaker weight control oatmeal in the am but looking for something more protein forward

karenp8
on 11/24/18 4:12 pm - Brighton, IL

I just add 1/2 scoop of whey isolate to mine. Sometimes I use vanilla and sometimes chocolate.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 522 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 530 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 388 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 100 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?