What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

NYMom222
on 11/28/18 4:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Back from my 10 day sojourn to Florida for Thanksgiving. Accountability- was my food perfect? Hell no...but Did a grocery haul last night of meat and veg. I don't do CAMAW anymore but back to My regularly scheduled program.

I know some of you are doing AMAW/CAMAW - good luck and carry on.

QOTD: Do you remember Kindergarten? I do remember parts of Kindergarten. Our classroom was in a separate building and up a hill so we had to walk down this long concrete staircase to get back into the school. Who thought that was a good idea for 5 year old IDK. But it was the 60's, #norules. . I also remember sitting on the floor in my dress learning C-A-T spells cat. And graduation because we went with some other mothers and classmates to the diner.

4+ years out

B: Fairlife latte, overnight oats w/protein

S: egg and egg whites,cheese one slice toast (pre-workout)

L: steak, asparagus

S: blueberries and Greek yogurt (1/2c each)

D: pork carnitas, cauliflower rice, spinach

S: protein

Snacks I consider optional but am planning them in case I need them as I am getting back to normal routine post long Thanksgiving break. I rarely have 3.

Ex:weight training at gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 11/28/18 4:36 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Quick post before I wake hubby for work. I'm having fun here working as a coordinator of volunteers at an aid distribution center. Yesterday we counted and boxed items for personal dignity kits and today we'll probably put them together. Weather has been miserably cold but Lily and I did walk 2 miles yesterday. I also got lots of steps in the warehouse during work too. Weather is supposed to be better this weekend so hopefully we can get some good walks in. Food was good and I managed to stay away from the snacks I have to set out. Lily and I walked the circle already and will do a better distance before supper. Weight today was 126.6. Heres the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 3 thin slices deli turkey 1 slice cheese D 4 oz of whatever protein hubby cooks. Food has really been yuck lately with nothing sounding good except carby snacks I will NOT have. Have a great day full of amazing choices everyone!

NYMom222
on 11/28/18 4:41 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hi Karen- I guess we have been hit or miss with each other.... haven't seen you on here in awhile. Glad you and Lily are still walking.

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

karenp8
on 11/28/18 6:05 pm - Brighton, IL

Yes we've been traveling and working in church camps and rarely had internet. It's good to be able to check in now everyday.

catwoman7
on 11/28/18 4:52 am, edited 11/27/18 8:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

class this morning, then we have another contractor coming over this afternoon to give us an estimate on building a porch. We've used this company before and were pretty happy with them. They're also known to be pricey (but very reputable), but I'm hoping they're going to come in lower than the place that came out a month ago. If not, I'm not sure what we're going to do. Maybe just replace the deck with another deck.

Otherwise, there are several fitness & yoga classes today that caught my eye - so I'll go to one or two of those. And I may attempt to make cottage cheese, too. And finalize my surgery plans/details. And start thinking about two trip opportunities that have been proposed for 2019, although I'd kind of like to get this surgery behind me before making any more big decisions...

accountability was 100% yesterday. Weight was the same this morning, although I had a 1.5 drop yesterday morning.

QOTD: yes - I do have some fleeting memories. We had a huge room (or it seemed that way to me at the time) with all kind of toys and fun things in it, like a tepee I loved to sit in. And this kid-sized kitchen with kid-size appliances. We drew pictures a lot - the little black dachshund we had at the time made her way into a lot of my artwork. I remember taking naps every day on these mats - odd since we were only there for half a day, but I suppose it was a nice break for the teacher. We did learn to write the alphabet, but that's the only "academic" activity I can remember. I think kindergarten back in those days (mid-1960s) was more for social development since most of the moms stayed home, and not many kids went to day care or pre-school. Nowadays they do more academic-oriented stuff with the kids (in addition to the social stuff). We really didn't get started on any academic pursuits until first grade.

3 years 5 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with blueberries

MS: coffee with half & half, vanilla matcha protein shake

L: 3 oz turkey with 1 T gravy

AS: Carbmaster yogurt

D: turkey burger or chicken sausage, vegetables

ex: something! Probably either yoga or WERQ

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYMom222
on 11/28/18 5:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I remember learning the alphabet and numbers in Kindergarten that was it. Now kids have to go into K knowing that. Then in first grade we started on the Dick and Jane books.

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 11/28/18 10:07 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

same here!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 11/28/18 5:03 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Morning all!

Another morning with a few minutes to post before everyone gets to the office.

Wow another cold day with gale force winds. The gusts were so bad this morning when I was waiting for the train that it pushed me backwards and I stumbled...eek! Not a problem that I had 2 years ago! I took a walk at lunch yesterday and the wind was really cutting. I think I'm going to walk inside or on the treadmill today instead. I do have a cyber session with my trainer too, so there will be some exercise either way.

QOTD: I loved my kindergarten teacher but I had trouble adjusting to the social aspects of a classroom. I remember a fellow student, Oscar, was teasing me about something and I grabbed a building block and hit him over the head with it. Fortunately, I have reformed since then but the event certainly stuck with me.

I had a grilled salmon salad last night for dinner but the colder weather really is kicking in my cravings for hot coffee and carbs! It is a constant struggle.

Menu:

B: fish cake

S: Chomps

L: chicken, mixed veg

S: salmon jerky

D: leftover salmon salad from last night

Exercise: I'd like to get a walk in today but a half hour session with my trainer this evening.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Sheila_H
on 11/28/18 6:58 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I grabbed a building block and hit him over the head with it.

I know I shouldn't be laughing but just picturing that scene makes me roar with laughter. I bet Oscar learned fast not to tease you any more.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Theduffman27
on 11/28/18 5:21 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Cynthia and menu crew. It is snowing again this morning, we got about 8 inches of wet, heavy snow yesterday, it took me an hour and 15 to snowblow and shovel and usually takes me less than 30 minutes.

QOTD - hahaha - yea remember very well, we had an elderly music teacher named Mrs Wu, she used to pinch your lips together if talking when you should not be....LOL....it hurt, we never told our parents or whined about it and I like to think I turned out ok. Imagine if that happened today. Another neat story from Kindergarten, my classroom teacher has a scholarship she awards in memory of her late daughter to a graduating Senior that is pursuing a career in teaching. Ryley was awarded the scholarship this year.

B - protein bar

MS - hard boiled eggs

L - White tuna with everything bagel and light mayo

AS - buddig meat

D - chicken piccata

E - gym night and I am buying a new treadmill tonight.

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 531 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 389 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 13 replies · 57 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?