What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 5:03 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yay for WW! I am really impressed with how the program has evolved since the last time I was there (probably 15 years ago?). I know that zero point foods aren't really "zero", but I think it is a great way to think about finding a balance and healthy habits. I like that I never feel like all food has to be off limits if I am hungry--there are always zero point foods as an option. I am also eating a ton more in volume than I was, and maybe that is giving me a little more fuel to burn? Not sure, but whatever it is... it's working for a lot of us!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/20 5:05 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am glad WW is working for you and you are working on your relationship with food/activity/body. I find (at least for me) that just because I had WLS does not mean all my old issues with food or body image issues went away, they are all still there. Best of luck, you got this!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

momyshaver
on 2/19/20 5:36 am
VSG on 06/28/17
On February 19, 2020 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, Daisydoo02 wrote:

I am glad WW is working for you and you are working on your relationship with food/activity/body. I find (at least for me) that just because I had WLS does not mean all my old issues with food or body image issues went away, they are all still there. Best of luck, you got this!

I find that a lot (many?) of the food issues I thought were resolved were actually magnified in some ways after WLS, which surprised me. I definitely have had to continue to work on the brain part and I have found that there is no maintenance for that. I have to continue to check in and invest through books, online forums or vlogs, etc. It is doable but it was probably more surprising for me than the actual food part of bariatrics.

I received the WW key ring and a few charms in the mail - all at once, yesterday. That was a nice surprise. I am just doing the app so it was a nice booster. The kids thought it was neat when I explained what it was although I suspect they are mostly impressed with shiny things.

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 3:53 am, edited 2/18/20 8:03 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB, sorry you're not feeling well, take care of yourself. Your vacation sounds awesome and so well deserved. The office move is going pretty well. Today I've got several calls to review the risk stuff and I've got to make some movement on the reviews I need to write and I need to put a few PTO days on the calendar (needed!).

Accountability: I added some zero sugar jerky (my MIL put it in my Valentine's bag of goodies) and a little SF toffee.

QOTD: I'm Guess clothes and LA Gear shoes years old.

TSS: 5 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, 2 turkey sausage links, and 1/2 an orange

L: Albacore lettuce wraps and baby carrots

S: Buddig turkey wrap and carbmaster cottage cheese and prob a SF coconut or almond milk latte

D: BBQ chicken pizza on low carb lavash, small salad, sliced fruit, 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Low carb pita with cream cheese and SF jam, Homemade Greek yogurt with SF syrup and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: An hour stair climber and 40 mins of elliptical

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1435 Protein: 149 Carbs: 113 Fat:54

Have a great one!

Edited to fix QOTD.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 5:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Glad to hear the move is going well :)

YASSSSS for Guess and LA Gear. We are clearly the same age!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/20 5:47 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I think you are amazing with all the reviews you do each year. I don't know how you do it and I hope YOUR Boss recognizes all your hard work!

Get those PTO days on the calendar stat!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 7:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Aw, thanks! I have been very lucky and consistently have had great supportive and appreciative bosses.

I am going to try and get them on the calendar today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/19/20 7:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I went with electronics for the QOTD but if I was going fashion I would go Gloria Vanderbilt and Nike. I had a pair of blue suede Nike with the White swoosh. Oh and Dr Scholl's wooden sandals for my summer kicks.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 2/19/20 3:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning. I don't need to be up at this hour but my body decided I still don't need sleep. Good lord I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon after my psychiatrist appointment.

I've got a lot of calling to do today in my quest for pain relief at night. I do not want to take heavy stuff during the day and I really am afraid of addiction. BUT I need a little something to get me some sleep. I have a feeling I'm going to get the runaround about it...we'll see.

qotd: I'm mtv and CD player old. Had to think about that one, good question!

going to do a little simpler on the food today. We thought our fridge was dying...in particular the freezer was acting up. Found that one of my nieces dropped something sticky on the seal(our freezer is on the bottom) and it wasn't able to expand to seal properly. Had to throw away a few things that were in one spot. Thank god it wasn't worse. Just frozen veggies and a little bit of frozen ground beef. We got everything out to check it. I had to sit on the floor and it made me hurt so bad. Just thankful because now it's doing well and is sealing.

b:PP shake, coffee with SF creamer

s:popcorners protein crisps and a turkey meat stick

l:PP shake with mixed berries

s:light cheese stick and maybe 1/2 cup greek yogurt with mixed berries

d:progresso soup with 2 tbs shredded sharp cheddar cheese

i might have a small snack at around bed time to take certain medications...might be beef jerky.

momyshaver
on 2/19/20 4:14 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I hope your day goes well. I struggle with sleep due to pain issues as well...with a range of ages of children and young adults in the house it can be interesting because our sleep patterns and needs are all different. I hope you can get what you need. It is frustrating to feel (or know) you are getting the run around; the health care climate is difficult to navigate with chronic needs these days. I finally bought a freezer with temperature display and an alarm because it was far too easy for one of the kids to get in and not get it closed all of the way. I am glad you didn't lose too much food, (especially meat/protein!)

Most Active
Recent Topics