What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 4:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a relief that you don't have to replace the fridge.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/20 5:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

That's a great NSV in my mind = you sat on the floor working on the freezer! I know when I was pre surgery I never sat on the floor because I generally couldn't get back up!

So glad your freezer is okay!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Melody P.
on 2/19/20 8:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Wanted to update. I got in to see the pain management doctor at 1:40 central. Hoping she listens and I get some night time relief.

thanks everyone

catwoman7
on 2/19/20 4:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It's supposed to be super cold again today and tomorrow, then, a warm-up (30s and low 40s) for awhile. I thought the couple of days last week were supposed to be the end of this Arctic stuff, but no... UGH. I guess I'll be sticking around the house today and tomorrow. I hate being out in this!! (although I'll leave if I start eating!! That's always a risk of being home!)

Accountability was good yesterday, plus I did weights and an hour of Zumba last night. Feeling it this morning. I think I'll do a youtube yoga class today.

QOTD: If I'm understanding this correctly, then halogen lamps and Etch-a-Sketches! (I had no idea halogen lamps were around back then!)

4 years 8 months out:

B: protein pancakes with 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 C homemade blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Beyond Burger with a "sandwich thin", lettuce, tomato slices, and light Thousand Island dressing

AS: maybe raw veggies with hummus (??)

D: 1 C pumpkin yogurt with light Cool Whip and 1/3 C Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Daisydoo02
on 2/19/20 5:51 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

We are getting the exact same weather here, cold today, colder tomorrow and insanely cold on Friday, stay warm! Yay for weights & Zumba, today would be a good day to stay at home with a heating pad on!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

karenp8
on 2/19/20 4:20 am - Brighton, IL

Sorry to hear you and Grim aren't feeling well but your vacation sounds wonderful. I so wish I was someplace warm but in 2 weeks I'll be in Arkansas and in 5 weeks I'll be in Louisiana so there is that! Miss Lily and I have our first long walk in and will do another long and a short lunch break walk too. I always make myself walk with her after work even on days when I'm exhausted like yesterday. We both need it and both feel better afterwards. Accountability was spot on food and stepwise yesterday and weight is 120.6. Here's the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz chicken salad D chili at the community meal at the church next door. Need to make sure to drink and drink today just like yesterday. Have a nice day full of healthy choices everyone!

karenp8
on 2/19/20 4:22 am - Brighton, IL

Forgot QOTD I'm Barbie Doll and Etch A Sketch old.

catwoman7
on 2/19/20 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

me too!!

Teenie
on 2/19/20 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I am Easy Bake oven and Light Brite. Gosh there are so many just depends the category

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 2/19/20 4:44 am, edited 2/18/20 8:51 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

The first test was the body composition scan. That one was pretty easy. I just had to remove my shoes and all metal (belts, rings, etc.). Then I needed to lay on a table. It's important to be exactly in place and centered in the table, but its just a matter of skootching back and forth at the direction of the technician. It takes about six minutes and an arm slowly passed over me taking measurements.

The Body composition result was about what I expected. I had 18% body fat which was up from last summer. Based upon the research that I did I am no longer in the "athlete" category and have moved to "fit". I did have increases to lean body mass in my arms and legs as well as increases to fat in my butt and stomach. So, I do want to lose the 5 or 6 pounds that I gained over the holidays, to get back around 15%.

Marilyn said I have never had a bum before and now that I had a little bum I should not even think of losing it.

Okay, remember no hitting.

The second test was the resting metabolic rate analysis. For this one, I had to put a clothespin over my nose and breeze into a tube for twenty minutes. The clothespin thing kind of hurt because I had a cut in my nose (CPAP and Chicago winter). Then they told me to breathe normally. How can I breathe normally without my nose?

The RMR test measures the chemical composition of breath and determines what is going on with metabolism. That is about all that I understand. There were three parts to the RMR results.

First it determinedly RER. That is a test of whether I am a "fat burner" or a "carb burner". My result was .73 which she wrote down meant that I burned 8.4% carb and 91.4% fat. I don't understand whether that just means at the time of the test or overall.

Second, it determined what my metabolism was. It came back as Fast (28%). They showed a chart that compared metabolism to a typical person my sex, age and height and it showed 6 gradients from slow to fast and I was about halfway in between the 5th and 6th gradients. I don't know how much of this is surgery and how much is Crossfit, which is designed to boost metabolism.

Finally, it calculated my energy consumption. My resting metabolic rate was 2606 calories. My lifestyle and activity adjustment was 1303 calories and my exercise was 325 calories. So they concluded that my maintenance zone is 2606 to 3909 calories, my weight loss zone is 2086 to 2606 and my medically supervised weight loss zone is less than that.

I am trying to stay around 2100 and seeing if I start to drop.

I will come back for QOTD and menu, but have to run.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Recent Topics