What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 6:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I did get the flu shot-- back in October! I haven't had anything nearly as bad as a real flu, just a never-ending series of stupid little colds. I am attributing it to building up an immunity to the new germs I'm encountering on the Commuter Rail and Bus, plus 35 new schools, and an open office floor plan.

Not sure if it makes you feel better to know this, but I would happily eat my weight, plus your weight, plus everyone else's weight in Cinnamon Toast Crunch if I had it near me.

Also, your burger sounds delish!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 2/19/20 7:36 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ugh and a flu shot damn. I guess I am lucky with my private office and a door. I have very little physical human contact at work. I do all my work on the phone.

I make my burgers by myself with one of those cheap plastic burger stuffers I bought years ago. It was a seen on TV thingy.

Cinnamon toast Crunch is evil. I made cinnamon toast crunch Cupcakes last week to take to my cousin for the funeral and the rest of the box is in the pantry. I swear there is a beacon on the box. I actually reach past health choices for it. Hopefully DH will fini**** up today.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 2/19/20 7:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is just plain evil!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/19/20 7:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The QOTD is killing me I can't stop. I am HR Pufinstuf and Speed Racer old.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Erin T.
on 2/19/20 6:48 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! We're going to potentially get some snow tomorrow. I'm hoping it will be late in the day that our "snow day" will be Friday. I have the day off already tomorrow and I was not betting on the kids being home with me. My inlaws will be here on Saturday and I need to clean!

(But, they also need to not cancel my MRI on Friday)

QOTD: I'm Rainbow Brite and Oregon Trail years old.

My Food:

• Coffee w/ Cream x2
  • Egg, Cheese, Bacon, English Muffin
  • Turkey, Cheese, Cucumber
  • It's a choose your own adventure night, since one kid has dance. So, I'll probably have eggs.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Julia S.
on 2/19/20 8:19 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I'm hula hoop and skateboard years old.... both invented the year I was born. But my first computer was also a Commodore 64 and my favorite games were Ghost Busters and Frogger. So yes I'm close but not close enough to Medicare to be able to retire.

The sun is shining today, actually blinding me but I don't want to pull down the blind. But its chilly out 38 right now but supposed to get up to 56...spring might be coming.

I see my NP tomorrow so I'm not sure what will be the next drug she will try on me, maybe I'm better off without anything. Just need to get myself in gear and start moving. Of course that is much easier to do when the weather cooperates. I find I'm much more active in a warmer climate...

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/19/20 8:31 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Savannah sounds lovely! You're going to have a great time :)

Today I am buried in PowerPoint, getting ready to teach at a conference the rest of the week. We teach folks from rehab organizations (hospitals, drug detox, homeless, etc.) how to use patient data to improve services. My portion involves teaching folks how to use Excel how to do calculations and make fancy reports. Super fun to see people learning how to do fancypants data work!

QOTD: GI Joe and Diet Coke. It's a sign! Long live 1982!

Accountability: Meh. I ate good things, I just ate more of them than I should (1200 cal without much exercise). I've been stalled for a month and I know it's because my calories have crept up, just need to get my butt in gear since I know I'm getting complacent. I'm planning a long session at the gym tonight since I've been taking it easy on that front this past week plus I'm definitely going to hit the treadmill on my lunch break. This graph has me frustrated, and it's my own damn fault.

Food:

• B: Leftover cheeseburger patty from dinner last night
  • L: Greek yogurt
  • D: Pork chops and green beans
  • S: protein bar

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/19/20 9:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So I had time to look up my year: I am artificial diamonds, Disneyland, and McDonalds years old!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dcgirl
on 2/19/20 9:30 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Sooo many comments, JB!

First of all, your QOTD is phenomenal. Mine would be Nintendo and Girbaud jeans. Or maybe Swatch phone and New Kids on the Block. Or maybe Etch a Sketch and fat-free salad dressing. Holler for 1977!

I am SO sorry about your cold. So, I went to my primary care physician and broke down in tears. After my AWFUL sore throat/cold/lost voice in early December went away...I had an AWFUL sore throat/cold/lost voice three weeks ago and got antibiotics and steroids and it cleared up. Well, this week, I wake up with a sore throat and yesterday when I woke up my ears hurt. I was like, I will die.

So, my NP said that with the warmer winter, the colds and allergies have been haywire. She asked if I had allergies and I said not really, I did have bad hay fever as a kid. She said that's important to know, and allergies don't actually go away. They can retreat while our immune system is at its peak, but now it looks like I am having allergy symptoms and the drippage (is that a word?) is creating the super sore throat. So I have gone from being someone who takes a daily vitamin regimen to someone who has to take Claritin in the morning, use prescription nasal spray Azalestine HCI twice a day, and a nighttime allergy pill Montelukast SOD. I am pretty depressed about being "on meds" but seriously, I can't take this throat pain... so all that being said, I feel your pain and I am so sorry to hear that you are struck down again!

B: Iced coffee with half and half and sugar-free toffee syrup, two string cheese

L: Disguising leftover grilled chicken thigh for third day in a row...added some mayo, golden raisins, and curry powder

D: Meeting a friend out, will get two authentic fish tacos and eat the fish

E: None but I did the best ever Zumba class last night and I don't eat back exercise calories but for real I think I burned like 700 calories. It was CRAZY, and fun.

Have a great day, all!

Queen JB
on 2/19/20 10:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh god, yes! I am Swatch-Watch & NKOTB years old for sure.

That's interesting about the allergies. I didn't develop any allergy symptoms until I was an adult but mine are all food allergies. I would hate being allergic to the air--that really sucks. I hope you find some relief!

Fish tacos for the win!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics