Did i Ever got Sleeved

Arathi B.
on 2/23/12 12:48 pm - Bangalore, India
 hi Everyone i got sleeved on 13th of feb....  things all went well am now on 2 week liquid diet...
 i have read lot of posts here where people take sip by sip take 20 mins to finish 60 ml of Water  .....
well i can have 100 ml of water/Skimmed milk in about 5 mins am i doing good?? i dont feel any pain
 yeaterday i could have 5 spoonful of soup didnt feel full 

wondering if i ever had my sleev    when all canfeel full with hald cup of soup , i didnt  am so worried please help me
 have lost about  12 lbs in 10 days 
sleevegirl
on 2/23/12 12:53 pm - Austin, TX
A pound a day is completely normal at this point.

Liquids don't fill you up. It will change as you go through the stages. Don't worry right now. You're doing fine. You are just having an easy time of it.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Arathi B.
on 2/23/12 12:58 pm - Bangalore, India
its sucha relief thank you so much sleeve gal.....  your doing great wow lost so much congrads
acbbrown
on 2/23/12 12:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 When I had my upper GI -  I got to watch what happens when you drink. It goes right through you and empties out of your stomach pretty rapidly. Sounds like your healing went well and the swelling is gone!!

Pain is not good, and its not the norm, so dont freak out. 

I still do not necessarily get "normal" full feelings when I eat - I get uncomfortable sometimes or a stomach ache if I eat something to fast or eat too much, but it doesnt feel anything like what "full" felt like pre-op. Dont try and eat until you feel full - it might not happen, and you may just end up with the foamies or vomiting. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Arathi B.
on 2/23/12 1:01 pm - Bangalore, India
acbrown thanks for your post..... glad that am doing fine ... ill surely see to it i dont eat until am fulll....  you guys here simply rock truely inspirational to all

please keep in touch
MzScarlett
on 2/23/12 1:37 pm - Seattle, WA
When you start on solids, you will feel much differently and full after just a few bites I bet. Don't worry. Liquids go down much easier than food, even in the very, very beginning. Good luck! :)

Height: 5'9"     SW:287  CW:168  GW:160
Arathi B.
on 2/23/12 1:42 pm - Bangalore, India
Thanks Mz Scarlett.... i was just wondering  if i ever had a surgery :)
 wow  doing sooooo good just 8 lbs more towards your goal weight
 ..... congrads dear  stay in touch
BriarRose
on 2/23/12 1:37 pm
You are fine, and totally normal !!! And lucky not to have pain. I never lost that much weight, even early out. I lost much slower, but including my pre op weight loss and post op, as you can see, I have loster 120 pounds. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. Drinking as much as you can will help you to heal, and help to keep you from dehydration.

Welcome to the loser's bench !!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Arathi B.
on 2/23/12 1:45 pm - Bangalore, India
Thanks Rose ... am gald things are all fine thanks to you all.... have making some time  for me .. u are doing great too....
wow so much closer to looser bench Congrads :)

thanks once again
califsleevin
on 2/23/12 11:42 pm - CA
Some people will feel a fair amount of restriction to liquids early on while others do not - it's just one of many variations between us all. My wife, when she had her DS (same stomach construction as the sleeve, but a bit bigger) couldn't consume more than her nominal stomach size in liquids at a sitting, which meant that her protein shakes needed to be so concentrated to get enough protein in that they were ghastly (more than usual), while I had no problem finishing a 6-8 oz bowl of broth and half cup of juice at a sitting in the hospital.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views