Have I lost my mind?????

Babydoll58
on 5/8/12 5:19 am - AZ

Hello OH friends...hope you are having a great day! Me....well I am two weeks out, and I totally blew my stack today.  Our four college students live us, and at times it is so overwhelming-constantly after them to pick up after themselves and do their fair share of cleaning. It seams as though anything and everything they do is more important than helping out. I totally lost it with them today and told them that they can find another place to live if they don't help out....I could feel my blood pressure rising as I ranted and raved...was very scary. My husband is little help because he contributes as well and does little to get them to cooperate.

Perhaps I am just blowing this out of preportion, but since my surgery, this is the second bad day I have had with loosing my temper and the continuous flow of tears. I just want to check out today and just get in my car and drive...anywhere but here.........

AmberK
on 5/8/12 5:26 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Your not loosing your mind, you just had major surgery! It takes time to heal, and not just two weeks like so many new young doctors think, it takes at least 6 weeks to fully heal! I have done this as well, we all do because sometimes we just need more help! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

AngieB2011
on 5/8/12 5:29 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
Whew 4 college students? I'm a single parent and only have one and I go off at least once a week!! Just lazy most of the time. I guess it's the school work that contributes to it (trying to give them the benefit of the doubt) But gee, you are grown now. Have a sense of responsibility!! We know trash pick up is EVERY Monday and Thursday!! Oh, and can't you even wake yourself up in the mornings? Whew, let me stop, getting upset just thinking about it.
nwgal
on 5/8/12 5:48 am - Portland, OR
 Keep in mind that estrogen is stored in fat cells, so as you lose weight it's released into your body....hello full-time PMS!   Not to mention the fact that you just underwent a stressful surgical procedure that you're still recovering from.   Cut yourself some slack, and good for you for standing up for yourself!!
Cortnee Z.
on 5/8/12 8:05 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
DUDE! I feel like this is my every other day NORM!! I hate it! That's why I am always so nice and encouraging on here - then one day I blow up and freak out! LOL!! I hate that part of this!! I am an emotional person to begin with so this does not help!!

I have noticed that I am more tired today from walking and I think that may help with the overreacting. I feel bad cause I watch kids all day and I have been snapping so bad at them :( Poor little littles!! They are just kids, but I feel like I can't deal with 1 more problem or I am gonna blow!!

One of my middle schoolers was doing a search on what type of animal we are on the chinese zodiac? And he was reading about rabbits (which I guess I am) and said: "Keeps cool and doesn't loose his temper." Then he said..."Miss Cortneeeeee..." as in you lose your temper ALL the time :( 

At least we laughed about it - but I get it - it's frustrating. I just keep apologizing!! 
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
tripmom02
on 5/8/12 8:14 am - NJ
 Ok, 1 - hormones are stored in fat and as we lose quickly we will have to deal with the emotions that they cause and 2) you just had major surgery and the focus of that surgery? YOU! I bet for years taking care of you took a backseat to everything else, right? Now is the time to focus on you, and if that means losing your **** to get them to finally help you, then thats what you need to do. It's a process, and it's not just about losing weight either, it's about learning to make your needs as important as the needs of others and making them understand that you are a person and your needs are just as important as theirs. 

Go get'um, and if they won't listen you can come here and yell at my kids, they don't do crap either. LOL

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

GRLNPHX
on 5/8/12 8:45 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds like you need some retail therapy. We should get together and walk the mall
Babydoll58
on 5/8/12 1:07 pm - AZ
Thanks everyone for your help....I am sure I will have more days like these, glad to know I am normal. :):)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views