Are you Angry?

rhearob
on 5/15/12 3:32 am - TN
 I was in my psychologist led support group last night, it was our open forum week, and I was shocked at how many people were almost violently angry about the dietary restrictions required by WLS.

It was across the board from pre-op patients to some who were years out from surgery.  It puzzles me enough to ask the question here,  Are you angry esp. With normies and non-bariatric patients who eat regular meals?  Do you resent other peoples food or eating habit?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Traci M.
on 5/15/12 3:36 am - CT
VSG on 03/13/12
Nope I'm not angry at all.They didn't put me in my situation I did.I chose to to eat and gin weight and I.chose to have surgery.I've learned to eat now because I'm hungry not just to eat for no reason.

Traci

louisamay
on 5/15/12 3:50 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I chose to to eat and gin weight and I.chose to have surgery.

I just wanted to see those words again. Perfect.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

imchatti
on 5/15/12 3:37 am - NJ
I had a food funeral and six months ago, i think i would have said, "i think i will be angy".  but, i'm not.  i chose this surgery because eventually i will be able to eat "everything".  my sleeve does not like green beans...., oh well.  other than that i haven't had an issue. 

as a 100% italian woman i thought i would die without pasta.  guess what?  i am perfectly fine.  i ate two potato gnoccis, from my daughter's plate,  over the weekend and was overfilled.  but that is okay.  next time i will only have one lol!  they tasted just like i remembered and the second one tasted just like the first, so there was no reason to eat two! 

i have eaten enough food over the years to taste it all.... several times over.  now it is time to enjoy it....in two ounce portions!
louisamay
on 5/15/12 3:51 am
VSG on 04/27/12
i have eaten enough food over the years to taste it all.... several times over.  now it is time to enjoy it....in two ounce portions!

Another wonderful quote!  I am going to collect these and print them out!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

kimbethin
on 5/15/12 3:38 am - CA
Nope, not angry at all.  I'm really  grateful to have this tool that has allowed such an enormous change for the better in my life.  It's been almost a year since surgery.  I really knew what I was getting myself into, and i really believe it was worth it.  I really have the ability to eat anything.  I am choosing to stick with the program to reach my goal.  I haven't felt any anger yet.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Could_It_Be
on 5/15/12 3:42 am
 Sometimes I feel sad I can't eat the volume that I used to be able to eat but honestly, I don't really eat ALL THAT differently than 'normies,' just less.

I am so pleased with how I look and feel that I can't be angry!!

VSG on 6/22/11
jacreasy
on 5/15/12 3:42 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 I'm not at all... I knew what I was getting myself into and knowing that how could I be. Although my mom feels bad when she eats w/ me b/c I cant have as much or have some of the things she chooses to eat, but over all I'm happy 3.5 weeks out! Those people must have some other issues that just triggered that emotion of food guilt and not being able to eat certain things.

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

happiegirl
on 5/15/12 3:51 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
No...I make it a point not to be a hater. Everyone is different, this is what I did for me.  I knew what it would be like.  This was my choice.  If people can eat that way and not gain...that's great.  Eating bad is still bad for you even if you don't gain weight.  Still your business your life.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Snowberry
on 5/15/12 3:53 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I'm not angry at all.  I'm not sure it would even occur to me to be angry.  I watch my kids eat ENORMOUS quantities of food and stay very thin and know I was the same way at their age.  So how can I be mad at them?  If I could eat half a pizza and two cans of Coke for dinner and still weigh 115 pounds, I'd do that too.  

But I can't.  I was normal weight for most of my life and then I let myself get this way in the past ten years.  So I have no one to blame but myself.  I am simply grateful that this surgery is available, my insurance covered it, and I am having no complications.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views