4 ft 11"

glzgowlass
on 1/19/12 11:45 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
I notice there seems to be a lot of us on this board that are 4 ft 11 (or very close to it.)  It's funny because in real life I hardly know anyone as short as me.

Can I ask all you fellow shorties what your goal weights are to get an idea if mine is in the right ball park.  I'm pretty sure it is.

There does seem to be a stong correlation between shorties and lightweights.  Not surprising really, I suppose.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

bugirll
on 1/19/12 11:54 pm, edited 1/19/12 11:55 pm - MD
DS on 03/19/12
Im 5 feet 1/2inch and weigh in at 200.  My BMI is 38ish.  My personal goal weight is 115.  A lttile more or a little less is okay too.  But aside from weight goals, my goal is to stop my foot pain.  I can hardly walk anymore from the plantar faciitis.

I dont like to talk to much about what I weigh outside of the LW forum.  Im affraid of getting "you dont weigh enough for surgery".  But duh, my BMI is 38 and I have comorbids!!  200 is a lot to weigh when you are sawed off.
glzgowlass
on 1/20/12 1:08 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
You are going to have a great year!  (I seeyou are getting switched in March)  My hubby has that problem with his foot.  I think you are supposed to get some roller thing and roll your foot accross it.  Have you tried that?

LOL, I agree about 200 being a lot when you are "sawed off"  I got the "you don't weigh enough" from a fellow patient pre-surgery at one of the classes we had to attend, but my BMI was higher than hers!  Shrug, she meant well though.  

bugirll
on 1/20/12 2:21 am - MD
DS on 03/19/12
yeah, I do the roller thing, the stretch thing and the ice thing.  Helps a little.  Now, its the back of my ankle.  Hurts so bad right when I stand up.  The strange thing is the more I am on my feet the better it is. its right when I stand up that it hurts the worst.
DS with Toon Sonneville 3/19/12
hollykim
on 1/20/12 3:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
The pain you are having is classic symptom of plantar fascitis. Being better the more you stand on it. The reason that happens is when you sit or lie down the fascia relaxes and shortens. When you stand on it again,in that shortened state,it causes it to stretch too much,too quickly and causes severe pain till it loosens again.

The only thing that every helped mine and I believe made it get better was sleeping in a boot that kept the fascia stretched all night. It was a big honking boot too and I hated it,but it worked and the nights I dddidn't sleep in it I was in serious pain the next day.

At one point,I was wearing the boot, and splints on both wrists at night for carpal tunnel. DH would say he used to get turned on by satin and lace and then after I stared wearing all the hardwear , he got turned on by vinyl and velcro,lol.

Roz !!!!
on 1/20/12 12:12 am - Butler, PA
I'm 4'11. All my girls are 5' or under so I'm pretty used to it.  Isn't it a pain in the butt at the grocery store when you can't reach anything!  I wait and wait until someone "taller" comes around to help me.  A couple weeks ago I stepped on the bottom shelf to get a can of soup and the thing pop out of the holder and it me on the head....I had a huge goose egg and thought I was going to be sick.  The only thing I don't attempt climbing up to get is 2 liters of Pepsi for DH because they are just to heavy to lift over the shelf holder. 

I felt 112-115 was perfect but I bounce from 116-118 most of the time which is alright too. I wear 2's and small 4's.  PS and PM tops.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

glzgowlass
on 1/20/12 1:11 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
  If I can't see anyone tall I start climbing too but I've been lucky enough not to have anyting fall on my head.  Ouch!

I have one son who thankfully takes after his dad and at almost 15 yrs is about 5'10 1/2.  He gets a kick resting his chin on the top of my head!

Roz !!!!
on 1/20/12 3:25 am - Butler, PA
My brother is 6'2 and I've always been thankful that he got the height because my cousins boy is really short.  Fortunately my DGS looks like he is going to be tall like his dad.  One day I leaned in to give my oldest DGD a kiss and I hit her neck.  We were both shocked.  She practically grew over night....LOL.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 1/20/12 1:46 am
I'm a little taller-LOL. I'm 5'1 1/2"...  I'm good anywhere under 130.  132 is the highest for a normal BMI for me.  I usually stay around 126-128.

Luckily I have a 6'1" husband that loves to go shopping with me and he gets everything the is up high.  I have a step stool that I use in my kitchen to reach the top shelfs.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Stacey N.
on 1/20/12 3:08 am - Chesapeake, VA
I too am 4'11 and it really sucks on some days, dusting in my house is a true chore and yes Roz I agree the grocery store is a true pain in the tush!!! That being said I WANTED to get to 115 but cant seem to get past 120, I did see 117 for a few days then went right back up... I will get there (I hope)

HW-220 SW 205 4'11"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 490 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views