So very unhappy today.

Poodle_Mom
on 8/13/13 2:37 am - Sacramento, CA
RNY on 12/06/12

I just have to get this off my chest.

My surgeon is very pleased with my progress so far, why can’t I be happy with it?  I still see the fat woman in the mirror even though I’ve lost a lot of weight.  My blood pressure is fantastic, my labs are great, I’m off most of the meds that I was on for the Fibromyalgia, I’m active and I physically feel better than I have in years.  So why am I so discontent? I see these women in the Capital and they are thin and beautiful and look so happy.  I KNOW only I can make myself happy.  I’m working with a therapist who has had wls too and she’s been great.

Things have been stressful at work, DH is in transition to becoming DW and although I knew this going into the marriage, it is making things stressful at work for me.  My family and even though we have a no tolerance policy for harassment at work, my coworkers are far from supportive and have somewhat ostracized me.  Her family and coworkers (we work at the same state agency, different departments) are rallying around her.  Makes wanting to eat especially bad carbs all the more tempting for me.  She has been my biggest fan and supporter in my weight loss journey and I’m her biggest fan and supporter in her journey. 

Until my DW came out at work, my coworkers were very supportive of my weight loss journey even though some of them have had the surgery and failed (eating crap at every turn) and now they are telling me I’m too thin (currently 174 pounds with a goal of 145) and I need to eat the bagels, cookies, donuts, potato chips, candy and other stuff they bring in every single day. 

Thank you for listening, I just had to vent today.

Susan

5'6" HW: 285/ Surgery weight: 265/ GW: 145  

Huneypie
on 8/13/13 2:42 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Woah - that sounds like a lot to deal with.  My diet is less than perfect at present - I'm still hoping they'll develop some sort of brain surgery to help us, he he!! ;-)

I'm sending you a great big HUG and some warm positive vibes.  There are some smart cookies and I'm sure they'll be along with great advice shortly. :-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Price S.
on 8/13/13 3:39 am - Mills River, NC

although we sometimes act and think like it, the world really doesn't revolve around how big or little we are.  big or small, we still have good days and bad days, stress and happiness and everything in between.  some of us have dealt with all the ups and downs with food.  now we have to learn other ways.  It is hard.  When the weight is dropping off, everyone is on our side and the world is spinning in our direction.  It doesn't last and reality sets in.  You are right, only you can make yourself happy.  We have to find different ways of dealing with our stress, frustration and pain. 

For me, exercise and the ponies keep me sane.  My stress level has been skyrocketing lately with all the state changes in my program, new staff and clients and RAIN. 

Hope you can find some ways to help with your stress.  Meanwhile,   hugs and support from me and all of us.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/13 5:14 am

Whats a DW ?surprise

May I suggest a nice hot healing BATH   ?crying followed by a rejuvenating SNOOZE  yes  (((()))))

Poodle_Mom
on 8/13/13 5:41 am - Sacramento, CA
RNY on 12/06/12

Hi there,

DW is a Dear Wife.  My husband is transitioning to become female.

5'6" HW: 285/ Surgery weight: 265/ GW: 145  

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/13 12:49 pm

Ahh !!  ty for explaining .  Wow U  ARE an amazingly supportive and loving accepting human being !    angry

Isn't love wonderful in ALL its forms ?  mail

Cricket2000
on 8/13/13 7:41 am - IN

That's a ton to take on.  Take it slowly, cut yourself some slack, and congratulate yourself on how much you have accomplished.  Can you have a 1/2 a glass of wine with that bath?  Okay for me it's good, for others a bad suggestion.  Keep on toward your weight goal.  You will get there.  I am 5 foot 8 inches and at 131 I still see fat because I still have fat.  It's okay.  Avoid listening to others opinions about your weight.  Your opinion is what matters most.  

HW 200, surgery weight 190, Goal Weight 140, Current Weight 140, Height 5 foot 8 1/2
Sleeve Surgery by Aceves on Feb 10, 2011

stonerose
on 8/13/13 9:24 am - MI
RNY on 07/16/13

That is a lot of stress! Oh my.  I can't add much to what others say, except find ways to de-stress - but also, try not to compare yourselves to others.  That can be so harmful and intimidating.  Plus, if you're anything like me, when I'm feeling good about myself I'm happy and feeling slimmer, when things are going wrong I'm feeling fat - so much of it is what's going on in our self-perception and mood and not necessarily what's actually happening.  Maybe if you keep that in mind it can help. 

Dr. Kibwe Weaver, Kalamazoo, MI RNY 7/16/13 SW 233/CW 168.8/GW130

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 290 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 415 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views