VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Got the best birthd...

Got the best birthday present!!

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/5/12 11:59 pm
So today is my birthday... 33!  Where do the years go?  They fly by so fast. 

I got the best present, exactly what I asked for, and I'm a huge nerd for being excited about it.  A Nike Plus Spor****ch!  So I can track my running mileage, pace, other stats more accurately and instantly!  Holy crap, I am pumped!  I ran with it this morning and it was so cool to know all my real time stats.  I also got a tiny iPod nano so I can stop running with my clunky iPod Touch (which was chafing my arm anyway).

In the past, a gift like this would have gotten tossed on a shelf and not used.  I was always active, but never to the point where I obsessed about it.  But now is totally different.  Thanks to my sleeve (and me)!

Has anyone else rec'd a gift post-sleeve that is so different from anything you would have liked/wanted pre-sleeve?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

justeric78
on 7/6/12 12:35 am - Houston, TX
Congrats! That is one I was looking at as well but decided I wanted one device for gps, HRM, mileage, and music while running so just use my phone in a pouch on my arm (so far no chaffing). It is though cool to be able to get all those stats in one place.

As for gifts I would have to sat cloths, I have never been into fashion of any kind. I am loving it now!

loverofcats
on 7/6/12 12:52 am
Congratulations on your success!! I love my Nano for working out.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

LeahBea
on 7/6/12 1:21 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
Get one of the watch bands! They are cute and practical, because then you don't have to worry about clipping it on your shirt or pants and possibly water damaging it with sweat.

Leah

Crabadams72
on 7/6/12 1:27 am - Silver Spring, MD
Happy Birthday!

I celebrated 40 on 7/1 and I can't believe it. Where did the time go?
You got a great gift!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/12 8:14 am, edited 7/5/12 8:15 pm
Happy Birthday! I know how shallow this sounds, but I am dreaming of shoes.

Specifically,
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/miu-miu-studded-mary-jane-pump/3324180?origin=category&fashionColor=&resultback=228
I am swooning looking at these. It will never happen, but I can dream.
diane S.
on 7/6/12 11:02 am
Happy birthday!  Enjoy your gift and have fun! and gee, 33 is young!   Live it up as your new slim self!! 

As for post sleeve gifts - some people try to give me stuff to eat because they think i am too thin!! hahahah

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

PBJ
on 7/6/12 1:33 pm
Happy Birthday!  My favorite post sleeve gift was a kindle.  I have never really been a big reader but I now love to read on the eliptical at the gym and so the kindle is the perfect gift for me now.  I have read more books since I am at the gym now than I have in the past 10 years!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Could_It_Be
on 7/8/12 12:59 am
 Happy Birthday sister!!

VSG on 6/22/11
Shagdoll
on 7/9/12 3:30 am
Ms. Poker Face, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday!

Jenn  

WWBD?