Garlic & Herb Green Beans Side DishNovember 22, 2019
Garlic & Herb Green Beans make a perfect side dish for any meal and are a fantastic addition to your holiday menu. This fresh green bean recipe is quick, easy, and oh so flavorful! Just a simple sautee in butter then seasoned with garlic, thyme, and lemon juice. Sure to be a family favorite!
Garlic & Herb Green Beans Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light butter spread
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add green beans and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook for 8 minutes, or until green beans have mostly softened and water has evaporated.
- Add butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and lemon juice. Cook and stir until green beans are tender, and the entire dish is hot, and the garlic is fragrant for about 3 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 63; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 2.5 grams; Protein 2 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|