Greek Salad in a Jar Recipe, Shake Up Your Meal PlanMay 22, 2020
Packing a salad for lunch can be boring. This flavorful Greek Salad in a Jar Recipe is anything but boring!
Salads in a jar are an easy way to bring your salad on the go. You'll have your dressing, greens, and toppings all in one place. They are convenient to bring with you to work, school, a picnic, or anywhere else.
You can make this salad in a jar and take it with you for a light lunch. When you're ready, shake it up in the jar and you'll have lunch. Layer up your lunch in the jar, pour it into a bowl or eat it in the jar!
Greek Salad in a Jar Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 1 serving:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. light red wine vinaigrette dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 4 oz. cooked and chopped skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped kalamata or black olives
- 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Greek Salad in a Jar Directions
- In a wide-mouth, quart-size mason jar, combine dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion. Top with chicken, feta cheese, olives, and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate.
- When you're ready to eat, give the jar a shake, and flip contents into a medium-large bowl (or eat right from the jar)!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 286; Carbohydrates 15 grams; Fat 10.5 grams; Protein 35 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|